Ironman 2017 - PE

IceCreamMan

Guys that are doing Durbs Ultra, before going on to IM in PE...

Do you go flat-out in Durban and love the short distance, or take it easy and practice IM pacing, and (I suppose) recover a lot faster for the last few weeks of training before PE?

You go flat out...

Durban is not long enough to have the training benefit of "going slower" with the intention of Ironman training.

More benefit gained from giving it gas.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You go flat out...

Durban is not long enough to have the training benefit of "going slower" with the intention of Ironman training.

More benefit gained from giving it gas.

Cool, thanks - this is the answer I was hoping for

Only 40 sleeps now.....

Had a huge training week last week which did the confidence the world of good as no injuries and this week with all the rain will probably be a lesser week. Next week a slight taper for ultra and its also the 4th week in my cycle so planned for a "recovery" week anyway. Its all going swimmingly after some setbacks. I also have a long range weather report which predicts PE is going to be a peach on 2nd of april just like last year.

Only 40 sleeps now.....

Had a huge training week last week which did the confidence the world of good as no injuries and this week with all the rain will probably be a lesser week. Next week a slight taper for ultra and its also the 4th week in my cycle so planned for a "recovery" week anyway. Its all going swimmingly after some setbacks. I also have a long range weather report which predicts PE is going to be a peach on 2nd of april just like last year.

Omw!!!!! 40 sleeps how will you ever know if you are ready for this big day?i did east London last month and Durban last year and now the time has come to put my big boy panties on. there is so many emotions fear and excitement running through my head questions i ask myself am i ready, did i train enough, its a roller coaster of emotions i keep telling myself you will never know until you tri .before falling asleep at knight that is Al that goes through my mind ,hope this is normal for a first timer?    

Omw!!!!! 40 sleeps how will you ever know if you are ready for this big day?i did east London last month and Durban last year and now the time has come to put my big boy panties on. there is so many emotions fear and excitement running through my head questions i ask myself am i ready, did i train enough, its a roller coaster of emotions i keep telling myself you will never know until you tri .before falling asleep at knight that is Al that goes through my mind ,hope this is normal for a first timer?

I still feel that way. ;)

If u had a good EL an felt good you will be ok.

Was a recovery week for me last week, now raming up and building for the final push before tapering! This rain not helping, had to run on the treadmill this evening... at least it was a speed workout, so the hour went quickly :)

And then sitting at work with only one eye open... Aye. The struggle is real. 

This is exactly why running onto that red carpet is so special, whether it's your first or tenth time.

This is exactly why running onto that red carpet is so special, whether it's your first or tenth time.

Too damn true...only you realize the sacrifices made to actually get there.

Too damn true...only you realize the sacrifices made to actually get there.

Everytime I tell myself to enjoy it and remember it, then when I finish I think what the hell just happened. Funny I always remember is that Dogleg coming into the red carpet-because it's the sign it is done. 

Edited by Wheelsuck

On the last lap of the run I am always like: " Why am I doing this?; Never again....."

but as soon as I hit that red carpet I am like: "Snap... I have to train harder for next year....  :clap: "

Edited by I-Man777