Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

This can only work of the Epic moves to a different date..not to clash with the classics

No ways Sagan will be free to ride the Epic for at least 6 year or unless he gets sick of it all and retires early or they move the dates to accommodate him[emoji23] [emoji23]

This :thumbup:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to hear your opinions ? If this was an individual race , how much time Shurter would put into them in his current form ?

Nino and Coolharvey seem to be the stronget two out there by a way. Hard to tell who'd be ahead

Is there a list of names for the outcast riders?

Would be interesting to see the "official" list of them going at it alone, who is finishing where and by how much of the pace.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nope, Rockshox is a product of SRAM, Personal preference I believe. Saw it at the Olympics where even Kulhavy used the SID WorldCup instead of the RS-1

My bad. Forgot that SRAM was one of their title sponsors now.

@CapeEpic: Take a look at @DiDataMEA's analysis of the GC time gaps between @scottmtbracing, Investec-Songo-Specialized and @FactoryRacing.

post-4329-0-60297300-1490354534_thumb.png

This [emoji106]

You know Sagan spent a bit of time with the Spez xco riders training before the Olympics..(with Sauser overseeing their training)

So Sagan knows them now.. who knows maybe the A batch/masters field will one day be the most competitive field with all these retired roadies coming to mtb.

5911026996_ec2f3e890f_n.jpg

I have obviously missed some of the conversation.

Please bring me up to speed.

http://www.opendoorwayreflections.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Seriously-face-meme-all-funny.jpg

so with the final day expected to be a bit of a bunfight for a stage win but the contenders makring each other, stage 6 is where it is at!

115.20161004094532.img.jpg

that is a LOT of climbing, and even if there is no break up GLB, there will be some serious leg stretching.

men - all to play for between scott/spaz with just 50 seconds between them

Cannondale would have to do a lot wrong to lose 3rd.

women - 90% certainty of the final podium order being meerendal/ascendis/omx

mixed - 95% certainty of the final podium order being scott/valencia/RBI

masters - 99% certainty of the final podium being orbea/CST/BMC...but one of the second two could take it with a solid stage 6.

grand masters - meerendal 99% certain of winning it. the rest are waaay back

exxaro - well done diepsloot

african - pyga looking good, 15min buffer on NAD is surely enough

Nope, Rockshox is a product of SRAM, Personal preference I believe. Saw it at the Olympics where even Kulhavy used the SID WorldCup instead of the RS-1

Christoph Sauser:

The biggest improvement since my last Cape Epic in 2015 is using the Rockshox SID fork instead of the RS-1. The SID is stiffer and it's much quicker to change a wheel. A lot of the marathon guys are still on the RS-1, but I made that decision for our team and I had to push hard for it.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/author/christoph-sauser-why-should-we-hold-back

Picked up at the side of the trail where Cannondale Unpacked their stuff looking for a spare tube:

post-3699-0-77052200-1490356488_thumb.jpg

so with the final day expected to be a bit of a bunfight for a stage win but the contenders makring each other, stage 6 is where it is at!

115.20161004094532.img.jpg

that is a LOT of climbing, and even if there is no break up GLB, there will be some serious leg stretching.

men - all to play for between scott/spaz with just 50 seconds between them

Cannondale would have to do a lot wrong to lose 3rd.

women - 90% certainty of the final podium order being meerendal/ascendis/omx

mixed - 95% certainty of the final podium order being scott/valencia/RBI

masters - 99% certainty of the final podium being orbea/CST/BMC...but one of the second two could take it with a solid stage 6.

grand masters - meerendal 99% certain of winning it. the rest are waaay back

exxaro - well done diepsloot

african - pyga looking good, 15min buffer on NAD is surely enough

I thought Groenlandberg was later in the stage..

Picked up at the side of the trail where Cannondale Unpacked their stuff looking for a spare tube:

Whine bottles?

She has been wearing lekker short shorts up till today.

Hey, los anner mense se kinners uit!  :whistling:

Christoph Sauser:

The biggest improvement since my last Cape Epic in 2015 is using the Rockshox SID fork instead of the RS-1. The SID is stiffer and it's much quicker to change a wheel. A lot of the marathon guys are still on the RS-1, but I made that decision for our team and I had to push hard for it.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/author/christoph-sauser-why-should-we-hold-back

I think on Thursday and Saturday we'll see more of the marathon teams. With the open roads on Thursday, Jaro and I will wear skinsuits. We wear them when it's windy and fast, but not aero helmets. It's too hot for that. But seeing Jaro in a full skinsuit riding next to Cannondale in their baggies just doesn't look right!

So the cabernet was let out of the baggies...

Archived