Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

I reckon it would have been pretty even between Kulharvey & Schurter, given Kulharvey's climbing and pacing abilities. Nino maybe pulling away on the punchier climbs, and def pulling away on the singletrack

You say that, but Nino would only put in seconds on the single track. On a long climb and on the proper flats Coolharvey can put minutes into Nino. Will be awesome to see them go head-to-head though.

#myfridaycontribution

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that, but Nino would only put in seconds on the single track. On a long climb and on the proper flats Coolharvey can put minutes into Nino. Will be awesome to see them go head-to-head though.

#myfridaycontribution

I reckon their climbing abilities are about equal, now, tbh. 3 or 4 years ago - it would have been a different proposition. 

Days... 

But maybe not that far in front of Kulhavy, think is was held back a little 

Edit: ok see most have the same thoughts ;-)

Edited by LeoKnight

I see a David George in 17th place, overall. Am I being doff or is this the same oke that admitted doing EPO? If so what happened to no druggies at Epic?

London was in 2012..Nino's climbing ability on the longer climbs which was his "weakness" has improved a whole lot..just ask Absalon and Kulhavy [emoji6]

that was 5 years ago... REALLY?!

hahah relax.

Nino is also 5 years older with literally no hair left :) somehow I remember something about anabolics and hair-loss.

Absalon is also at the end of his 30th year as a professional racer. 

mike bradley‏ @mikesmaverick  5m5 minutes ago
More
mike bradley Retweeted Carlton Kirby
Worldtour race @VoltaCatalunya shortened by 60km due ro snow. See some locals complained that @CapeEpic was shortened due to high heat?

I see a David George in 17th place, overall. Am I being doff or is this the same oke that admitted doing EPO? If so what happened to no druggies at Epic?

Come on okes.  The no drugs rule had a start date. His drug effort was before that... This comment is really getting tired after 5 days!

Was discussed a few days ago. The ban story was put in place after he was bust. But, yes its the same tjop that was(is?) doping.

I'm going with Sauser/Kulhavy for the overall 

only 50 sec difference after nearly a week.  For a road stage race, the difference is small.  For a MTB stage race that is insanely small.

Super exciting!!!