Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

only 50 sec difference after nearly a week. For a road stage race, the difference is small. For a MTB stage race that is insanely small.

Super exciting!!!

Very small..

But as Stirnemann is getting stronger every day it looks as if Sauser is getting weaker.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just throwing this out there . 2019 Cape epic 

Nino/Jaroslav

Just imagine that real quick 

A slender possibility although I cant see Scott losing Nino nor Spez Jaro 

hahah relax.

Nino is also 5 years older with literally no hair left :) somehow I remember something about anabolics and hair-loss.

Absalon is also at the end of his 30th year as a professional racer. 

my grandfather lost all his hair by his mid twenties... Some people are genetically pre-disposed to that. 

And yeah - he's also 5 years further on with a better and more intense training regimen, experience and determination to win.... 

I reckon their climbing abilities are about equal, now, tbh. 3 or 4 years ago - it would have been a different proposition. 

Nah, I know. But why let facts stand in the way of a good argument :whistling:

Nah, I know. But why let facts stand in the way of a good argument :whistling:

And considering its Friday .............

Very small..

But as Stirnemann is getting stronger every day it looks as if Sauser is getting weaker.

11:49

Christoph Sauser (relaxed, composed and calm as ever - though partner Jaro looked like he’d been for a 10 minute walk with his dogs when crossing the line): 'I felt horrible at the start. I felt slightly ill, had no rhythm and just couldn't get going. It was suffering, but it was suffering of the highest level. The pace was fast and we just had to hang in. I always know what I don’t have at the start of the ride, I will have at the end of the ride, so I knew I just had to hang in there and everything would come right.

'I would say I started feeling better from the middle part of the race. Jaro kept me going. Strategy-wise, I think we were actually too conservative on the day. We went a bit slowly on the trails, and in retrospective I should have lead Jaro through the trails because I know them so well. That was my only complaint for the day.

'Finishing strongly definitely puts me in a better headspace for tonight and tomorrow. What started as a bad day ended with a positive. Tomorrow is a long day. I wouldn’t say we are favourites though. Everyone has shown that they are so strong this week; and the terrain is super rough out there. The potential for mechanicals is very high. Tomorrow is another wait and see day.'

A slender possibility although I cant see Scott losing Nino nor Spez Jaro 

They don'y have to lose either , Like just make A collaboration for the Epic.

I think Nino is signed to Scott till 2021 anyway.

Uh slightly off topic.  Anyone notice the gorgeous young blonde dressed in black in the podium pics on the official race feed. :thumbup:

Uh slightly off topic.  Anyone notice the gorgeous young blonde dressed in black in the podium pics on the official race feed. :thumbup:

Since the prologue, you have to be blind not too (previous epics as well)

Since the prologue, you have to be blind not too (previous epics as well)

Only reason I have been checking the podium photos :blush:

PICS!!!!!

unbelievable legs for an ou toppie to bring it back to just 20 seconds!

It ain't over till the old guy sings on Sunday....

????

Archived