The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

If they are racing, both would be desperate to break contact to play mind games. But they might have made a pact given that they are racing for different categories.

An example of such a mind game was in the TransAm 2016, when Lael Wilcox passed Stefan, they both stopped at a garage, she hid at the back of the garage while trying to sort out her Di2 battery. She hid so as not to give Stefan the knowledge that he was in striking range...

They are not racing, they are just surviving and managing their bodies to get to the finish.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But only one of them will get line honours and an entry for next year.  It's still a competition, even if they're in different categories.

Yhea, I imagine they are racing, and there are serious mind games going on.

I see JD and HV are at the same spot as the ambulance...have been for a few minutes now...hope everything is ok...

Edit: zoom in on the map...its a water/main stop :blink:

I see JD and HV are at the same spot as the ambulance...have been for a few minutes now...hope everything is ok...

They are at the Race Village 4. I'm sure all is ok.

nathrix: thanks for your interview with Mike Woolnough! :thumbup:

I would love to see more rider interviews if at all possible.

Go one page back...

If they are racing, both would be desperate to break contact to play mind games. But they might have made a pact given that they are racing for different categories.

An example of such a mind game was in the TransAm 2016, when Lael Wilcox passed Stefan, they both stopped at a garage, she hid at the back of the garage while trying to sort out her Di2 battery.  She hid so as not to give Stefan the knowledge that he was in striking range...

Di2 battery....eish, fly by wire will be my motto for these events for ages still.

So, will you do it?

And some cool tunes on the handlebars as you wind your way through the Karoo

It's got my kind of crazy written all over it!  :devil:  :thumbup:

On my phone so can't share at the moment, but check Bike Hub's Instagram for a video update.

@bikehubber

Those 2 look far too fresh.. think once they have finished they can maar turn around and go back to bloem

The Google staff that monitor the log files of spatial hotspots in map tile imagery being served must be scartch their heads the last day or two about the consumption spikes in odd places :whistling: 

Archived