The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HV is an OLD hubber (cira 2006), Been here since before the great crash.

Always been there or thereabouts; raced sub vets in the WC, done well on W2W, TB and 100 Miler. Not to mention dragging my unfit ass through 2 TB's on his social training rides.

The silent assassin, is what one of his mates called him yesterday.

What is his hub handle - so that I can address him as SIR in future...

Six riders have left the Tankwa Padstal I believe that RV 5 is their target before 2:00 with the biggest climb of the race ahead of them. I think this group is well on track to make the finish. Interestingly GM and MG are among them and seemingly still in the race despite them going off piste and according to their speeds it looked like they were in a vehicle. I wonder what happened?

Checking back on MGs history the tracker had him going off track at about 700km and in GMs case it was just before WP10. Both tracks seem highly irregular and because they do not make sense. I'm going with the theory that the tracker was on the fritz and they're both still in the race.

Checking back on MGs history the tracker had him going off track at about 700km and in GMs case it was just before WP10. Both tracks seem highly irregular and because they do not make sense. I'm going with the theory that the tracker was on the fritz and they're both still in the race.

Oh man I hope so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can you confirm who the last active rider is? PH still shows active, but has not updated in almost 12 hours

Wow to ride in the sun day after day. Thought of them this morning when I rode and I can't imagine their fortitude.

Huge respect for everybody who finishes.

With a few hours left it sadly looks like a number aren't going to make it.... All that said.. I'm sure their objective is to complete the challenge.. in time or not in time

Can you confirm who the last active rider is? PH still shows active, but has not updated in almost 12 hours

I think it's safe to assume that PH is no longer in the race which makes BR the last rider with180km to go . He has a good moving average of 13.6kph which means he has 13 hours of riding left and 19 hours to do it in. He can make it he just keeps going.

With a few hours left it sadly looks like a number aren't going to make it.... All that said.. I'm sure their objective is to complete the challenge.. in time or not in time

I think all 19 riders left on the road have every chance of making it. I was a bit generous in an earlier post but taking BR as the last rider he has 14 hours of riding left with a little than 19 to do it in. The last riders in last year's event did close 300 km non stop to finish in time and what was remarkable was how quick the last 60 Kim's were for the entire field.

Come on Braam & Wayne! Only 200ks to go!

did these guys not finish with 20 odd minutes to go last year?

I'm afraid MG is now marked as scratched which leaves us with 18 riders on the road.

Aah damn.. hope the other 18 make it.

Archived