2017 Jock entries now open – early bird entry discount

ASG

ok, paid...never ridden 2457 metres of elevation in a dat before, fatty going to suffer long time. But hey, it is bound to be loads of fun.

Plenty to time to train, and as just suggested the lunch stop breaks up the 2 tougher climbs.

Make Hekpoort, Sterkfontein, Satellite Rd, Hillsnacks and SBR you're friend over the next few months and you've nothing to fear. No shame in going compact with 11-28 either, especially when you pass all those who are over-geared!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty to time to train, and as just suggested the lunch stop breaks up the 2 tougher climbs.

Make Hekpoort, Sterkfontein, Satellite Rd, Hillsnacks and SBR you're friend over the next few months and you've nothing to fear. No shame in going compact with 11-28 either, especially when you pass all those who are over-geared!

Thanks. Will start doing some more hill rides. 2 months to go. Not scared of the distance but the elevation will get me. Most I have done in a day is at IM 2015 which was around 1700metres. Being heavy is lekker for downhills , not so lekker for uphills.

Thanks. Will start doing some more hill rides. 2 months to go. Not scared of the distance but the elevation will get me. Most I have done in a day is at IM 2015 which was around 1700metres. Being heavy is lekker for downhills , not so lekker for uphills.

If it's not being rude - how heavy (and tall) is heavy?

I'm really looking forward to this race. Did my first last year and really enjoyed it. I did a ride at Suikerbosrand on Sunday, I reckon it's really good training. I'm going to push this year a little more, I was surprised by how much I recovered in the stops. Can't wait.

If it's not being rude - how heavy (and tall) is heavy?

98kilos, 6.3 feet tall. Not a giant by any means but damn the weight gets me on the uphills. still 2 mo9nths to go, maybe lose a couple of kilos in the interim too.

Anyone have a .fit / .gpx/ strava link for the classique route to share pleeeeease?

Doing this "new route" ( only done the older course before - boulders etc... ) for the first time with the missus this yr and shes stressing big time about the elevation gain advertised as 2900m...

Will be great to go over the course with her beforehand ( esp if the metres climbed are actually less )

Thanks

Anyone have a .fit / .gpx/ strava link for the classique route to share pleeeeease?

Doing this "new route" ( only done the older course before - boulders etc... ) for the first time with the missus this yr and shes stressing big time about the elevation gain advertised as 2900m...

Will be great to go over the course with her beforehand ( esp if the metres climbed are actually less )

Thanks

My garmin gave 2457m last year.  GPX file too big to upload

Thanks

found these:

https://www.strava.com/segments/12639164

https://www.strava.com/segments/12640814

https://www.strava.com/segments/12640836

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

See that the Brondal Road could not be fixed in 12 months - even when trying!!  Perhaps it was never the intention to fix it in the 1st place?

So a new route for Stage 1 that is hopefully safe - made a few assumptions on the new route and Strava recons ca. 700m of climbing.

Gona be fun since I'm fat and had flu the past week or so.