The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to switch off now; off to a party; March madness with so many birthday parties this month.
Enjoy the rest, will catch up later.

An audacious 50 km attack  from the Slovenian 23 year old. He is prepared to lose the race by taking massive risks with reputable classic racers on his rear wheel in the front split. Ernesto will be smiling over his pasta as the famous bike brand graces the piazza in Sienna with the glory of a win. 

A 3rd 2nd place for Oom Valverde. He sure can ride. Two 2nd spots for Movistar in both races.

What a beautiful race. Always. 

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

An audacious 50 km attack  from the Slovenian 23 year old. He is prepared to lose the race by taking massive risks with reputable classic racers on his rear wheel in the front split. Ernesto will be smiling over his pasta as the famous bike brand graces the piazza in Sienna with the glory of a win. 

A 3rd 2nd place for Oom Valverde. He sure can ride. Two 2nd spots for Movistar in both races.

Always. 

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

such a beautiful race.

That women's finale was something else though. Interesting on comms they said it had enough climbing to make it a mountain stage in a grand tour - no big climbs, but lots of little nasty ones and add the actual strade bianchi, it really is one of the eye-candy events of the calendar.

I wonder how it'd have gone if there the three cyclocrossers had been there... maybe next year?

High 5 or keeping the distance?

I love the way this guy rides his bike; a pleasure to watch. image.png.e931ca9d6e7638744b36f9e79c8e2df4.png

Both Wout, in supreme form, and Tadej will be targeting the Ronde van Vlaanderen. The Slovenian won 2 Monuments last year. And then Sagan has been laying low but I believe he’s keen to make a mark in ‘holy week’. The question mark is around Mathieu’s comeback and whether Greg can be a force to reckon with after 3rd at Omloop’. 

So happy for Valverde! He's like on the best form of his life in his retirement year. Chapeau. What a rider. What an icon. To overcome all his trouble and still be at the top. Brilliant.

Also a shout out to Simmons. Way to put the bull**** sanction behind you.

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

I love the way this guy rides his bike; a pleasure to watch. 

Really? I mean he's good, but he's not the most fluid and poetic on the pedals.