The Classics

'Dale

All so it can be that that Van der Poel and Van Aert have just exceptional power from ridding cyclo cross from a very young age, must be one of the hardest cycling disciplines, also think Marianne Vos. In any sport you some times get outstanding athletes that is above the rest,  Greg Minnaar, Nino, Danie Gerber,  I can name  a long list.

Van der Poel and Van Aert was from a young age far above the rest in every age group. they complete. Dopers is average or just above average and become the best due to doping. Think of a South African mountain biker that was all ways outside the top 20 in world cup races and then suddenly one day he was up in top 3 or 4 and then got caught doping. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Baron said:

All so it can be that that Van der Poel and Van Aert have just exceptional power from ridding cyclo cross from a very young age, must be one of the hardest cycling disciplines, also think Marianne Vos. In any sport you some times get outstanding athletes that is above the rest,  Greg Minnaar, Nino, Danie Gerber,  I can name  a long list.

Van der Poel and Van Aert was from a young age far above the rest in every age group. they complete. Dopers is average or just above average and become the best due to doping. Think of a South African mountain biker that was all ways outside the top 20 in world cup races and then suddenly one day he was up in top 3 or 4 and then got caught doping. 

There are exceptions too, some are high level athletes who want that extra edge, hence why many neo pros died from heart attacks. But how can we expect things  to be level when the UCI is always chasing but never ahead of the athletes with testing? Sometimes teams can get clever, case in point Delgado, in 88’ he basically doled but the substance was not on the UCI list. Top guys today are finding different roads thanks to Lances ground work!  Who ever thought taking your gardener to the Tour would be the difference between winning and losing, but the Texan culture has always embraced cheap labour. 😂😂😂

18 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Interesting tech. Very appropriate timing to see it out in the wild.

I wonder if they will experiment in the real test bed of PB next month. I think this works via blue tooth?… very interesting developments, sounds like we in for more than just cutting edge tire sealant.🤭

13 minutes ago, betaboy said:

I wonder if they will experiment in the real test bed of PB next month. I think this works via blue tooth?… very interesting developments, sounds like we in for more than just cutting edge tire sealant.🤭

Tech has probably been on shakers and test benches and passed the tests there. This outing at DwarsDoor is low-profile enough to not have repurcussions if it failed during real-world race conditions.

I don't see someone like Wout, Matthieu or Pog racing with this, as I think the unproven nature of it isn't worth the risk. But someone else, just half-a-step below these guys might take the chance to give them that 1-2% they need to be able to compete. But only if it passed with flying colours at DwarsDoor.

So Dylan van Baarle, Tiesj and Lapporte might have these on at the start of RVV or PR. If it fails mechanically during the race, they can just swap out for a "normal" front wheel. So, you aren't tied to that tech for the whole race.

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

SNIP

But only if it passed with flying colours at DwarsDoor.

SNIP

Might not have gone too swimmingly, Affini had a DNF:

image.png.f676fb1ad82fb76335a899489259c0c5.png

18 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

they can just swap out for a "normal" front wheel. So, you aren't tied to that tech for the whole race.

Pictures of the bike shared on Twitter(opens in new tab) before the race show the Cervelo S5 fitted with Reserve carbon wheel rims (as usually used by the team) laced onto Gravaa KAPS front and rear hubs. 

I think the best tire manufacturer that is making huge development in this arena is Michelin, they got a unit that’s used for racing and it helps drivers actually know when to lay off the brakes etc or when to save… it’s incredible because now you have the engineer in your tire verses in your ear! 😅 If this comes to the Pro Peleton, I can see various situation play out. 
team on radio…. : push push , you must cross to break. You can do it! It’s just 45 seconds…

Rider: … hang on, my tire just send a notification… it says…

Team on radio: I said push…? 

Rider: it saying rear tire… is “tired”

Team: okay stop with the jokes and cross over before Cobble sector 8.

👀🙃😜

6 minutes ago, Stevovo said:

https://www.velonews.com/news/road/jumbo-visma-maurten-and-the-game-changer-bicarb-product-thats-shaking-pro-cycling/#_pay-wall

They have the secret recipe for the fastestest banana bread it seems. Dont bring it to the cape epic...toilets are allready full.

With Jumbo reevaluating their sponsorship post 2024 they can maybe rename the team to Bananen-Visma. No need to change the colours of the team as well.