Why would people do this.

Theunissa

I walked past the bathroom and our cleaning lady at work was cleaning the basin with the well used toilet brush...

200w.gif#5

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday while at the dentist some low life piece of twak stole my rear light off my bike in a busy part of town! The part that gets to me is not the theft but the fact some back wash put his hands on bike! 

Im sorry i should have taken clearer photos. Only see now they not good. The scrathes ar mostly deep penetrated the metal. The magnet clamp was broken in half. I dont work at a office. I deliver a service to people at home. So i park in a few public places during the day. I do understand that you will get scrathes over time. I have only had it for a bit more than a month. I do have a few small ones already. But this looks like it was done with intent. Even a trolley bumping your car by accident doesnt leave such deep scrathes. Im also concerned with the scratch on stancion. Will take it to LBS to check. And this didnt happen somewhere in the bush ir at home. I didn't check it during the day. But last night when i was doing tubeless conversion i noticed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe cctv at some of the public place you parked? If you could catch the person responsible you could lay charges for malicious damage to property?

She did it on purpose? Sjo, she obviously doesn't like you very much!

Even though a mtb will inevitably scratch and chip when riding, it is so flippen unnecessary when something happens to it whilst not riding. We care for our bikes which cost a lot of money, so when someone else damages it on purpose, or even by accident, it makes my blood boil.

Yeah, she is the stoker of trouble at the office. One of those on the front lines to play the race card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Im sorry i should have taken clearer photos. Only see now they not good. The scrathes ar mostly deep penetrated the metal. The magnet clamp was broken in half. I dont work at a office. I deliver a service to people at home. So i park in a few public places during the day. I do understand that you will get scrathes over time. I have only had it for a bit more than a month. I do have a few small ones already. But this looks like it was done with intent. Even a trolley bumping your car by accident doesnt leave such deep scrathes. Im also concerned with the scratch on stancion. Will take it to LBS to check. And this didnt happen somewhere in the bush ir at home. I didn't check it during the day. But last night when i was doing tubeless conversion i noticed it.

had a look again at the pictures. is the glossy silver thing on the spokes the magnet clamp that was broken in half? The thing didnt have a battery by any chance? south african barbarians love their batteries.

Just remember that we live in South Africa, where you have no respect for the property of other people and even less for your own.  The cleaner at the office is no longer allowed to come near my table anymore.  She tried to damage my bike with the vacuum cleaner by hitting the bike.  Was in the room next door and heard the noise, investigated and told her that I will take the vacuum cleaner and hit her over the head if I catch her near my bike.

Ive had my fair share of experiences where "they" simply demand i hand over the material things i worked for, just for their pleasure or ease of life. It was back at uni, i was literally told "give me your bike im going to the shops" and after a few minutes of telling them to pay me my insurance excess up front because i know it wont be returned, they moved on to harass someone else for their bike.

Once caught our office cleaner sprucing up the computers and screens with her manky floor cloth!

I also chase the cleaner away from my desk. I hold the pc mouse and keyboard for hours and scratch my face and stuff, then they want to wipe the table and pc components down with the same rag they use to clean the bathroom sinks? revolting!

I walked past the bathroom and our cleaning lady at work was cleaning the basin with the well used toilet brush...

...and THAT's the reason i wash my own plates and own cups at work.

Why do people text and drive?

It is an endless list when you start the question "why would people do this?"....

Archived