Why would people do this.

Theunissa

Can someone please tell me why people would do this????[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I got this from somewhere where i parked yesterday after doing a check up on my setup. I had to take it with me while i was working. 3d436e6da362714b69e39958a30ffffb.jpg7b39f9ea47642378c922cf208160a328.jpgff6060995a80358ee06feea2c6e5aba3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been following your posts from the start, and know its your pride and joy. It hurts me to see this.

You get some stupid people in life!

cant see whats going on, so all this entire post has communicated with its vague title is "why would people do this" and "this" is unclear

also struggling to see what the problem is

Appears to be some scratches on the fork stanchion and lowers.

Scratches on stantion and fork. Magnet turned to side so it doesnt pickup.

Id be livid. I have almost once clapped myself after scraping my frame by being hasty, fortunately i couldn't figure out how to do the slapping effectively. 

How the hell did they damage the spokes like that?  If you take pics like this try and put flash off or point with a finger where the damage its.

After the first time you have to take a sweeper vehicle at an event you wont care about scratches anymore.

Just to clarify - your bike was parked at work. It was fine when you left it. When you came back, it was scratched like that?

sorry this post is so vague I have no idea if I need to upset at the owner or a maliscious "3rd force". 

Did you buy it  to look at it or to ride it? Don't get me wrong take the time to clean it and keep everything in running order but your bikes primary function is to be ridden and you are going to crash it and scratch it and if you are riding every weekend it is gonna get damaged in transport and chipped etc. A few minor scratches are just character...

After the first time you have to take a sweeper vehicle at an event you wont care about scratches anymore.

I'd rather suffer/walk for the remainder of an event than to put my bike on a sweeper vehicle.

I'd would literally have to be declared incapacitated and in the back of an ambulance strapped to the bed before they load my bike on a sweeper vehicle and by then I would be sure that the bike is already scratched to such an extend that the sweeper vehicle can do no more damage :whistling:   

Did someone put a wired speedo on when you were out? Thats the real crime here :P

On a serious note, the paint scratches may not be serious but the scratches on the stanchions could lead to issues down the line with wear and tear. Bleak.

Im sorry i should have taken clearer photos. Only see now they not good. The scrathes ar mostly deep penetrated the metal. The magnet clamp was broken in half. I dont work at a office. I deliver a service to people at home. So i park in a few public places during the day. I do understand that you will get scrathes over time. I have only had it for a bit more than a month. I do have a few small ones already. But this looks like it was done with intent. Even a trolley bumping your car by accident doesnt leave such deep scrathes. Im also concerned with the scratch on stancion. Will take it to LBS to check. And this didnt happen somewhere in the bush ir at home. I didn't check it during the day. But last night when i was doing tubeless conversion i noticed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember that we live in South Africa, where you have no respect for the property of other people and even less for your own.  The cleaner at the office is no longer allowed to come near my table anymore.  She tried to damage my bike with the vacuum cleaner by hitting the bike.  Was in the room next door and heard the noise, investigated and told her that I will take the vacuum cleaner and hit her over the head if I catch her near my bike.

Archived