And that's why bad service exists because ppl don't call out shops on there quality of service .

And for the record. The reason I have not got my order is coz they don't have stock of what they advertised (something about a wrong box or some other BS story) but tried to palm something else of on me . This is not the first time they have done this to me but it WILL BE the last time I even attempt to spend money at cwc,no wonder I didn't hear anything from them. Let's see how long we can hang on to ppl's money before they want a refund. Last time was 6 weeks . Not Again.

Over & out cwc.

They've done a fair amount of bait marketing on here. I sent a PM about five minutes after LX brakesets were advertised on the hub. The reply, which came quite swiftly, was that the item was now out of stock.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLuvsMTB: Debate?

Its simple: the retailer is known to the forum as people who would put their hand up if they messed up. The OP is anonymous and unknown to the forum and admitted to not being interested in the initial deal anymore, so why the rant? You can believe who you want, but CWC has done enough on this forum for me to give them the benefit.

And no, I have no vested interest here. I buy my goods I need at my LBS, but I enjoy the way CWC does business.

Its simple: the retailer is known to the forum as people who would put their hand up if they messed up. The OP is anonymous and unknown to the forum and admitted to not being interested in the initial deal anymore, so why the rant? You can believe who you want, but CWC has done enough on this forum for me to give them the benefit.

And no, I have no vested interest here. I buy my goods I need at my LBS, but I enjoy the way CWC does business.

So let me se if I understand you correctly.

So say CWC mess up one of my orders and blatantly deny it.

I come to the forum to warm other and also expose CWC for what they did.

You would automatically take CWC as being right and me being wrong because: 

CWC is known on the forum:

I'm only here to warn others and expose CWC not really interested in the product

and the fact that CWC is active on site make them right ?

I'm only here to warn others and expose CWC not really interested in the product

See, there, you have it wrong. You're mis-reading his statement. If they deny, that's a different story. If they come on here and say "we messed up, sorry, we'll honour the deal" - which, by the way, they did with the OP, except he wasn't interested in that - then he'd side with them and back them in teh future. 

You are not understanding me correctly.

1. When CWC have messed up in the past, they have not denied it, but engaged with the complaints on the forum, with no attempt to usher the OP off into a private conversation like some other shops have tried to do in the past. Why would they handle this complaint differently?

2. CWC have invested much more in their online presence on this forum that a first poster, so they will be much more diligent to protect their image, and they have done so in the past by being honest when they messed up. They have also been threatened with people complaining online before, and have dealt with those threats and complaints as and when they arose. Why would they handle this complaint differently?

You have 270 odd posts on the forum, making you an active member of the community. For me to gauge on how seriously I can take a complaint raised by you I will have to go into your previous posts to establish whether or not you have been reasonable and rational with previous posts. If you have been baiting and trolling for 250 of your 270 odd posts, I will probably not take your rant seriously.

3. If your sole purpose for joining a forum is to complain about something and then drop off the face of the earth, I will probably take your comments and complaints with much more salt than if someone who is active on a forum complains. The reason is that by looking into someone's history on a forum, you can gauge whether or not they are reliable or not.

See, there, you have it wrong. You're mis-reading his statement. If they deny, that's a different story. If they come on here and say "we messed up, sorry, we'll honour the deal" - which, by the way, they did with the OP, except he wasn't interested in that - then he'd side with them and back them in teh future. 

ok Fair Enough.

Are you aware of the Rim gp 400s2 CWC story?

He was told nope nope nope until he posted then yes yes yes.

Was that so?

ok Fair Enough.

Was that so?

Correct. But it was sorted very quickly once it came to their attention. Sometimes, things get missed, and the reason provided for the oversight was, in my opinion, reasonable. 

He also admitted fault directly. Admitted that he flat out forgot. That went a long way to maintaining their reputation. 

Whether that was purely a reaction in order to save face or not is debatable. But on the face of things, the way they handled it here was excellent. 

ok Fair Enough.

Was that so?

Remember that story. At least the OP was bought off with some freebies.

Oops did I say "bought off". :eek:  

You are not understanding me correctly.

1. When CWC have messed up in the past, they have not denied it, but engaged with the complaints on the forum( ON THE FORUM, what happened to the 100s that's not ON THE FORUM TO COMPLAIN?), with no attempt to usher the OP off into a private conversation like some other shops have tried to do in the past. Why would they handle this complaint differently? Cause no amount of GP 4000s would fix this as the OP is not interested in any deal, you missing the point of the take your money somewhere else, pathetic customer service that the OP actually exposed, nothing can remove those words so cant really handle it.

2. CWC have invested much more in their online presence on this forum that a first poster, so they will be much more diligent to protect their image, and they have done so in the past by being honest when they messed up. They have also been threatened with people complaining online before( FORUM AGAIN), and have dealt with those threats and complaints as and when they arose. Why would they handle this complaint differently? Cause nothing they say/do can change what they said, no amount of gp4000s gona fix this

You have 270 odd posts on the forum, making you an active member of the community. For me to gauge on how seriously I can take a complaint raised by you I will have to go into your previous posts to establish whether or not you have been reasonable and rational with previous posts. If you have been baiting and trolling for 250 of your 270 odd posts, I will probably not take your rant seriously. You missing the point ,pathetic service have nothing to do with post count, I could be the biggest droll under the sun...got nothing to do with bad service - So every situation should be judged on it merits , cant judge it because X said it....if so the ZUMA has never done anything wrong in he's life

3. If your sole purpose for joining a forum is to complain about something and then drop off the face of the earth, I will probably take your comments and complaints with much more salt than if someone who is active on a forum complains. The reason is that by looking into someone's history on a forum, you can gauge whether or not they are reliable or not. OK cool

Come I ask you something,

Say you buy something from CWC and something goes wrongs...chat chat chat behind close doors and they don't see your point of view..

What would you do?

Come I ask you something,

Say you buy something from CWC and something goes wrongs...chat chat chat behind close doors and they don't see your point of view..

What would you do?

I'd take it directly to Chris or Melanie instead of dealing with a manager. 

Correct. But it was sorted very quickly once it came to their attention. Sometimes, things get missed, and the reason provided for the oversight was, in my opinion, reasonable. 

He also admitted fault directly. Admitted that he flat out forgot. That went a long way to maintaining their reputation. 

Whether that was purely a reaction in order to save face or not is debatable. But on the face of things, the way they handled it here was excellent. 

ok , so what would have happened if this particular gentleman was not on forum , didn't read forum, or as above a first time poster

I mean...he was at the shop 3 times....yes 3 times

Friday Friday Friday :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

Yeah it probably needs to stay open until tomorrow, need somewhere to swing handbags around!

I'd take it directly to Chris or Melanie instead of dealing with a manager. 

OK, so the people they employ to represent their company is incompetent and should not be dealt with?

Archived