Canyon Bikes in SA

Sitting@89

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently in the process of receiving my bike and it should be here this week- although I did not post it straight to SA(it is possible)

I have posted it to a relative in Dubai(hopefully picking up no duties or taxes) - will let you know how that plays out.

So far the transactions and communication was top notch.

From what I read you should still be covered with waranties etc

I am currently in the process of receiving my bike and it should be here this week- although I did not post it straight to SA(it is possible)

I have posted it to a relative in Dubai(hopefully picking up no duties or taxes) - will let you know how that plays out.

Watch out for the shipping cost from Dubai- I just got a bill of just one r4000 for shipping a group set... 10 times the cost from Germany to dubai...

Watch out for the shipping cost from Dubai- I just got a bill of just one r4000 for shipping a group set... 10 times the cost from Germany to dubai...

Hoeleeshit!!

I ordered the non di2 version of that bike but it's going to my house in the UK. Best value bike out there since it ticks all my requirements

Okay so now I have to pull the trigger on this, initially considering selling my mtb and road bike to go for a disc brake ultegra di2 spec, after some consideration though I am quite happy with 105 and dont have any issues with rim brakes either (brakes make almost a 4.5k difference in price)

The reason I am selling my road bike is purely based on fit, the fit on my road bike is okay but not quite 100% (I am 208cm and currently on a 60 BMC Teammachine SLR02) I love the styling on the bike, and the ride is super smooth, just gets a bit squashed on long 3h+ rides.

So after endless research, and watching almost countless reviews I decided on the ENDURANCE CF 8.0 where I can go for a 3XL 64cm bike

https://www.canyon.com/en/road/endurace/2016/endurace-cf-8-0.html

Now my question, anyone out there have any idea on the timeframe of getting the bike here?

i have a canyon bike...get a fitting from ergo bike before you decide to buy, they will tell you what size will best suit you....you can see on their site when your size and choice of bike will be available.

would be great to see a few pics of that beast when it arrives; been eyeballing an Exceed frame for a while.....

also very interested in it....have the previous version now.

Hoeleeshit!!

No need to post it to dubai first...you just have to email them and ask to send it to SA and they will gladly take your money!

Jeez just worked out that with 400£ shipping and 15% vat turns a 25k bike into a 32k bike, almost makes it worth flying to germany getting the bike there and flying back

Jeez just worked out that with 400£ shipping and 15% vat turns a 25k bike into a 32k bike, almost makes it worth flying to germany getting the bike there and flying back

you still going to pay customs when you come through the gate and declare the new piece of jewellery, except, you in the hole for a return ticket to Germany as well ;)

there you go; fly over and bring another frame back with you if you dont mind; will pay half your flight ticket  ^_^