365 for 365

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still in it despite two bouts of bronchitis and upper airway infection. Just take slow rides on the Wattbike or IDT at nothing more than 110HR to keep the days ticking off

Still in it despite two bouts of bronchitis and upper airway infection. Just take slow rides on the Wattbike or IDT at nothing more than 110HR to keep the days ticking off

That’s the spirit ????

Take care and it will get better

Luckily I only have 10 fingers to count with....

Remind me when it gets to 355

So the frostbite wasn't that bad.

Do you not think that if you were being sensible and having the odd rest day when needed your immune system may have been a bit stronger and you may not have been sick, twice?

I still don't get this- half the 'activities' mentioned here are so pointless that it should not count as training, and anyway, why would you want to? At some stage you are going to do a proper race and need a rest day after, if not what is the point in doing all this training.

The rest of us formulate calculated plans balancing rest and training in order to allow us to continue training and training properly because 20mins walking is what you do on site at work, it is not a 'training activity'

Moderation is a word not taught enough at schools, you see extreme diets where success is good, but short lived because it is not sustainable, yet a milder diet or just smarter food and portion choices will work for the longer run because it is sustainable, 365 for 365 is hardly sustainable, the fact okes are resorting to 'walks' or are sick so much shows this...

Do you not think that if you were being sensible and having the odd rest day when needed your immune system may have been a bit stronger and you may not have been sick, twice?

I still don't get this- half the 'activities' mentioned here are so pointless that it should not count as training, and anyway, why would you want to? At some stage you are going to do a proper race and need a rest day after, if not what is the point in doing all this training.

The rest of us formulate calculated plans balancing rest and training in order to allow us to continue training and training properly because 20mins walking is what you do on site at work, it is not a 'training activity'

Moderation is a word not taught enough at schools, you see extreme diets where success is good, but short lived because it is not sustainable, yet a milder diet or just smarter food and portion choices will work for the longer run because it is sustainable, 365 for 365 is hardly sustainable, the fact okes are resorting to 'walks' or are sick so much shows this...

.. or, if managed well (with active recovery instead of total rest) it is quite a fun project. I am not counting walks or similar. Riding only, an hour minimum. If that hour only contains 11km, at 98 heart rate, that is also cool. Completely sustainable, and not at all pointless to me. 

.. or, if managed well (with active recovery instead of total rest) it is quite a fun project. I am not counting walks or similar. Riding only, an hour minimum. If that hour only contains 11km, at 98 heart rate, that is also cool. Completely sustainable, and not at all pointless to me. 

is that even worth getting on an indoor trainer or getting the bike dirty for?

I had a short slow run tonight after work. I am a slow runner and also dont have a lot time available. I wonder was it even worth it putting on my old tekkies?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you taking part in the challenge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snip...???

365 for 365 is hardly sustainable, the fact okes are resorting to 'walks' or are sick so much shows this...

You sound like a bachelor giving parents advive on parenting.......

You are not doing yourself any favours....

And yes, my walks(because that's all I've done so far this year) might look stupid to an outsider, but for the last 5+ months I've been sick and off the bike. Now I get to at least do SOMETHING while kind of staying motivated and enjoying the challenge with awesome hubbers at the same time.

My whole exercising life I've always been a lazy strong advocate of having 1 or 2 days off a week, and then i started this 365/365 thing..... So now on my days off rest days I go for at least a good 21 minute walk instead of vegging on the couch watching TV, or speaking *** on the hub.....I might even do 2 walks a week instead of 2 complete days off.

How can that be pointless?

You might think its pointless, however its not only a physical challenge but a mental challenge.

Its so easy to say aghh fork it.....its Friday afternoon and i want to drink beer and....do nothing.

Are you up to it? You will have to wait until 2019 to find out  :whistling: 

My whole exercising life I've always been a lazy strong advocate of having 1 or 2 days off a week, and then i started this 365/365 thing..... So now on my days off rest days I go for at least a good 21 minute walk instead of vegging on the couch watching TV, or speaking *** on the hub.....I might even do 2 walks a week instead of 2 complete days off.

How can that be pointless?

You might think its pointless, however its not only a physical challenge but a mental challenge.

Its so easy to say aghh fork it.....its Friday afternoon and i want to drink beer and....do nothing.

Are you up to it? You will have to wait until 2019 to find out  :whistling:

I normally ride 6 days a week (I try commute all 5 work days and then a long ride one weekend day) and the other I was also on the couch.

Doing this I've added in walking on the other weekend day for at least half an hour. I pulled my ITB last year running so am taking it slowly, but that walk will eventually turn into a run again.

It's definitely a mental thing as well.

This past weekend I had family staying with me and I had to get out and get my exercise done  before 05:00 on both days. I could have easily said, "To hell with this" and just left it, but I got out and got the blood flowing a bit.