Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

Well done to all, it was tough out there today. Warm as hell through the race. Knysna was just perfect weather and vibe!! Great race. Will be back next year. Started in G, riding ou wapad was terible...it looked like loftus when the bulls last won the s15. We walked the whole way. Ended up doing 4:17. Special shout out to my mate Tj. He was speed machine...hehe

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody with a garmin GPX Track or a TCX file i can use in 2018? thx

Will see if I can get you one this afternoon. Think next year I might also load it in the garmin beforehand.

Well done to all, it was tough out there today. Warm as hell through the race. Knysna was just perfect weather and vibe!! Great race. Will be back next year. Started in G, riding ou wapad was terible...it looked like loftus when the bulls last won the s15. We walked the whole way. Ended up doing 4:17. Special shout out to my mate Tj. He was speed machine...hehe

Still a great time that, congrats

My only regret is that it was over so quickly.

I loved it, weather was perfect and had a blast on the first 60km, managed to pull quite a few riders with me. Then I faded a bit and just enjoyed the scenery.

Quite a few rider fell over on the freshly graded wa pad. They still have to upgrade flat pedals [emoji6]64cc20bd0077990a39b13bba432d9c82.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Baie nice race, my first one.

Starting in A is a must to ride a good time, simply to many who can ride a basic uphill doing this race.

Rode C batch and except for a small section of wa pad you could mostly ride it out...even if not at your own speed.

Came accross two accident scenes, one near the bottom of the long downhill, and one on the downhill just after, both involving ladies. They both looked quite serious - does anybody know whether these ladies are ok?

Came accross two accident scenes, one near the bottom of the long downhill, and one on the downhill just after, both involving ladies. They both looked quite serious - does anybody know whether these ladies are ok?

also waiting to hear. Potentially saw the one on my strava as having a crash at the 47km mark and basically her speed went from 60km/h to 0 very fast.

Also saw the two on Prince Alfred pass. Hope they are OK? At my age limbs grow back much slower so I ride slower, thanks to all that over took me safely.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Those two ladies' crashes/injuries looked hectic. Especially the one on the second long descent. Any news would be much appreciated.

Apparently there was a guy/someone covered in a space blanket as well?

Hope these things looked worse than they were.