Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only regret is that it was over so quickly.

Totally agree! Saw the 65km sign and thought oh no (which for me is quite funny actually).

Really hope to make it back for #3.

Whats the seeding for this race?

There so many guys starting in A who can really ride.

i liked the long downs, if it wasnt for that i definitely wouldn't come back

I was "racing" those two Karoo fairies to the finish line all the way. The one in the Profmed jersey pipped me as we were passing the fire devastated part of town coming out of Simola.

Couldn't really miss them hey?!?

Came accross two accident scenes, one near the bottom of the long downhill, and one on the downhill just after, both involving ladies. They both looked quite serious - does anybody know whether these ladies are ok?

I saw the lady on the descent to Dieprivier. She looked in a bad way and was being loaded in the ambulance. At the very bottom, about 400m further down, at the bridge, another lady was down, also being attended to by medics. 

I also know of a guy who had a front wheel washout on the descent to Soutrivier who broke his collar-bone and punctured a lung.

It makes my blood chill, as I reached top speed (edit - 76.4 km/h) on the descent where the lady was being loaded in the ambulance.

Anyone know how the guy(s?) on the gravel grinders fared? Some of the descents must have been interesting.

I was quite thankful near the end that i decided to take the dual suss.

Anyone know how the guy(s?) on the gravel grinders fared? Some of the descents must have been interesting.

i saw a few on the wapad, they were bouncing a bit more in the air than on the ground

Big up to the locals of Uniondale,De Vlught and Buffelsnek who came out in numbers to cheer on the riders,especially the oomie playing his guitar all out of tune near De Vlught.

Started In G with a friend and our group had a guy with a old road bike and there was also a guy on rollerblades,don't know if he took part though.

Lots of riders with cramps,lots of lost waterbottles and for the first time saw riders having flats .

Waterpoints looked bad with all the cups etc lying around .

Had lots of fun.

Still no news on the ladies that crashed?

I've asked mate of mine. Think he was on the medical team for the race.

I resemble the "beached whale" look, so I think I will skip the buying of pictures this year...

Funny how often the Jetline photographs don't resemble the mean "pro-racer look" we have of ourselves in our minds - must be something wrong with their lenses

Also afterwards was very thankful for going dual suss and not HT

Archived