Hydro dipping Water Transfeer Printing a frame

Cruz Addict

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a good quality clear coat or two over the snake skin may give it a longer lease on life?

If it's the same guy I spoke to a few months ago, they finish it off with 2k clear after the dip so it should be quite durable

Hi chaps,

A brief update...

I received the frame back from Durban and I'm really disappointed!

Sadly the finish and final product is really poor workmanship....I'm in discussions with Mohammed at the moment and he has asked me to return the frame back to Durban for "air brushing". I understand that the process is not perfect, but you can clearly see there has been no pride in this work.

The cost of just the transport alone will soon be more than the paint job.

Lets see where this goes. Perhaps this was a mistake and they can redo the frame...

If nothing else, it will be a good Friday discussion and a "told you so" session :)

Edited by Grey Hubs

its a pity - i only noticed your photo now. As a concept and low res / from a distance image it look spectacular though.  :mellow:

Hi chaps,

A brief update...

I received the frame back from Durban and I'm really disappointed!

Sadly the finish and final product is really poor workmanship....I'm in discussions with Mohammed at the moment and he has asked me to return the frame back to Durban for "air brushing". I understand that the process is not perfect, but you can clearly see there has been no pride in this work.

The cost of just the transport alone will soon be more than the paint job.

Lets see where this goes. Perhaps this was a mistake and they can redo the frame...

If nothing else, it will be a good Friday discussion and a "told you so" session :)

No Man!  What a disappointment.  Now i feel bad. 

If nothing else, it will be a good Friday the 13th discussion and a "told you so" session

its a pity - i only noticed your photo now. As a concept and low res / from a distance image it look spectacular though.  :mellow:

Yip, my thoughts exactly...Still hoping to resolve this. It does have potential!

No Man!  What a disappointment.  Now i feel bad. 

If nothing else, it will be a good Friday the 13th discussion and a "told you so" session

Not your fault! 

I had mine done by hydrographic in boksburg , the guy imports the stuff. did an excellent job on mine

I think that would have been a safer bet.

The print looks good, just the finish or non finish is crap.

I had some parts done on my car a few years ago and the finish is incredible so I guess it depends on workmanship.

Ok,

Chatted to Mohammed now. I'll send the the frame back and he has promised to redo the complete frame again, proper this time!

Hopefully second time lucky.

• 1 month later...

The final build...I'll replace the current shock with a rigid carbon fork soon.

Overall I think its a cool pimped Steel bike, with a difference...

Would I use these guys again? NO! Look for a more professional outfit who keep to there word...

Lessons learned, but now back to the riding!

post-47220-0-37830300-1535701248_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-75990300-1535701253_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-17714500-1535701322_thumb.jpg