Cyclists down on bottelary road, stellenbosch

andydude

This is just an idea. But it might be possible to put the bike behind the fence. Carlo who is one of the owners of Cabrico might allow this. I don't know how far their property stretches or how the bicycle will be mounted. He cycles himself and I am sure he will give his support. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will it be before 06h15, 'cause that's when I get on my bike to come to work.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

And tonight?

If tonight is out, I will be there before 06h15

And tonight?

If tonight is out, I will be there before 06h15

Tonite can work.

I'll pm my address to you.

Thanks for your eagerness to help.

No Problem. Smurfy is delivering his parts tomorrow. Whenever i have everything ill do it immediately. And then deliver to Smurfy for painting. 

That's the correct way, you need to know how many will be joining. They cost a pretty penny as well.

If we can have Marshalls on Bikes to ensure that the fellow cyclists stay within the Yellow line it should be ok.

This said, from past experience some fellow cyclists don't really care when on a memorial ride. They take over the road as in the case with Dr. Louw about 3 years ago. That just pisses off the motorists.

The rules of the memorial ride should be spelled out at the meeting point. A support vehicle to ride at the back of the bunch. A vehicle in the front to keep the pack together. Please stop at the traffic lights and stop streets if any.

Its not easy to control a large group of people.

m2c worth

Thanks Smurfy. 

I will arrange for a couple of motorbikes to join us. 

The guys said they will help, but will confirm when we have a date. 

I agree with you. This should be a respectful memorial. not an angry mob. 

Bloukrans, thanks for driving all the way from the CBD to collect the frame.

Much appreciated.  :thumbup:  :clap:  :clap:

Gee guys, it is quite warming to see how you all band together to get things sorted.

Well done, great stuff!

Hi berry, I can also help out with bars and maybe stem if still needed. Let me know.

I've got the bars and stem . Let me know if still needed

Bloukrans, thanks for driving all the way from the CBD to collect the frame.

Much appreciated.  :thumbup:  :clap:  :clap:

Plesier

Varkie2 wat is jou regte naam.

Want to drop frame tomorrow morning at your company. Dont want to be bliksemsed by asking for Varkie

In what world is this considered "Fair"???

The one where there is sadly a plethora of human rights and zero accountability or responsibility. Where the head of the fish stinks with rot, so expect little else down the carcass... 

RIP Gregory! Another senseless and unnecessary passing!

Archived