Cyclists down on bottelary road, stellenbosch

andydude

*I was thinking, please tell me if it is not okay, but I will try to get a photographer to go with us, perhaps we can use this as a sort of campaign? Perhaps write something for the Tygerburger/news24 etc? 

Everything to make drivers aware of what the ghostbike is and resembles? To create as much awareness as possible?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*I was thinking, please tell me if it is not okay, but I will try to get a photographer to go with us, perhaps we can use this as a sort of campaign? Perhaps write something for the Tygerburger/news24 etc?

Everything to make drivers aware of what the ghostbike is and resembles? To create as much awareness as possible?

Big yes ????????

Please do.

I will happily do a campaign on social media to cover it.

Once you have a date, I will also try and come down for it.

Wannabe let me know what parts are still needed for the frame and I will def try and help here as well.

My club will def be attending the memorial/remembrance ride as Bottelary Rd is 1 of our favorite routes when we go out to Stellies or Franschhoek.

About 2 months back on a Saturday morning 1 of our riders was clipped by a construction truck on Bottelary rd and the driver didnt bother stopping as well leaving the rider with lots of scrapes and bruises but luckily no serious injuries. This was in a 6 man bunch so very clearly visible and riding in the yellow line.

Thanks Mate.

Get hold of varkie2, he is the man doing most of the work, collection of the parts, getting it assembled and welded together, etc.

I have some contacts at the Northern News and I am pretty sure that they would love to cover this.

As soon as I get a date then I will chat to them and see what they say.

I have some contacts at the Northern News and I am pretty sure that they would love to cover this.

As soon as I get a date then I will chat to them and see what they say.

Great news!! no pun!! thanks again

We can get Ryan KFM to mention it the week leading up to it. Will ask Shaun Peters who MC`s a lot of races to spread the word as well.

Thank you Bankie99. We will set a date, and we will "advertise" the ride as far as possible.

An idea for a date would be one week before the Cape Town Cycle Tour? No funrides and everybody tapering in any case.

Any parts still required to fully assemble the bicycle?

We also need to get a date for this ride pretty soon as we would like to attract as many cyclists as possible. Also leading up the CTCT many riders will be planning their training rides well in advance so the earlier we get the date out the better.

Bike is welded. I macguivered a seatpost. Bike is going to smurfy tomorrow morning early for paint. We should be ready fro planting by friday depending on paint time. If we can get a 3 man team together with a bakkie for planting friday afternoon? It will be great if ShaneG can give us an exact location where the accident happened. The more visible the bike the better.

Bike is welded. I macguivered a seatpost. Bike is going to smurfy tomorrow morning early for paint. We should be ready fro planting by friday depending on paint time. If we can get a 3 man team together with a bakkie for planting friday afternoon? It will be great if ShaneG can give us an exact location where the accident happened. The more visible the bike the better.

Remember, we need a date from the family to plant the bike. We need all the exposure that we can get from the media.

Archived