Cyclists down on bottelary road, stellenbosch

andydude

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those that are arranging the memorial ride date, please allow for about 2 weeks for the spray painting. There`s a lot of prep work to be done to the bike before Marko can spray it.

Anyone perhaps thought of arranging a priest to say a prayer, or is somebody going to do it?   

I have asked a fellow Huber to make a White Cross to add it to the bike. Its going to add more value to the Memorial.

We can try and arrange it for either Saturday 25 Feb or Saturday 04 March.

Unfortunately I cannot attend it on a Sunday.

Who will be in contact with the family, should they wish to be present?

I will ask them about their religion as well. ( we do not want a catholic priest if he was Buddhist). 

Sorry if I missed it - when was/is the funeral?

Someone mentioned the week before the Argus as there are various races taking place over the next couple of weekends. It gives us enough time to rally fellow cyclists and get the word out to the media. 

The funeral I do not know, But the memorial ride is on of these 2 dates

Saturday 25 Feb or Saturday 04 March.

I am just waiting for hub input. before finalizing the date. CTCT is the weekend after the 4th. When are our GP brothers and sisters coming down? 

As soon as we are organised I can contact Shane and discuss the details. 

The funeral I do not know, But the memorial ride is on of these 2 dates

Saturday 25 Feb or Saturday 04 March.

I am just waiting for hub input. before finalizing the date. CTCT is the weekend of the 4th. When are our GP brothers and sisters coming down? 

As soon as we are organised I can contact Shane and discuss the details. 

CTCT is the 12th.

Will we call it the 4th? No long training rides should be scheduled for that weekend in preparation. 

Says who?  :whistling:

I'm doing a final CTCT route recce on the 5th, with a few upcountry friends who is coming down a bit earlier.

I have a 4x4 course with pops in law the 4th. Open 25th Feb and 11 March. But no worries if its the 4th. It is impossible to make it work for everyone. 

Archived