Anyone using Zwift?

Question: How big a difference does a graphic card really make? Ok let me narrow it down:

1. I run a i5 PC with 8Gb memory (so Ok there I assume?)

2. HDMI out to a big screen FHD TV (1080P not 4K)

3. Very entry level graphics cards (so yeah Zwift does not go ultra here)

Zwift runs perfectly smooth but the graphics (in the absence of seeing anything else) looks ok-ish.

Is getting something better to go to Ultra on a 1080P TV worth it? Will I really see a difference on a 1080P TV if I for example buy a GTX 1650 Super Graphics card? Will it be..WOW! I mean it is close to R4k for this graphics card..and yeah I love good graphics, but will it improve a lot from normal to Ultra on 1080P (I would assume at 60fps)

I am running Ultra on a Macbook. Compared to HD on the old Macbook pro its not really that wow. It can be noticed in the way the trees and scenery render and the leaves etc but really TBH it's a lot of money for marginal gains as Zwift doesn't render in 4k itself. It's not like a gaming environment. I have a 4k TV running ULtra and it is quite cool but to go full 4K you need a specific graphics cards and then are probably going to have nightmares with support and drivers etc. The 4k screen is the key - if you can't display the graphics i.e. your output is 1080 i.e. HDMI then unless you have a crazy good monitor it wont help. I am also aware Apple 4K TV only renders max in Ultra? 

Also Aple 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am running Ultra on a Macbook. Compared to HD on the old Macbook pro its not really that wow. It can be noticed in the way the trees and scenery render and the leaves etc but really TBH it's a lot of money for marginal gains as Zwift doesn't render in 4k itself. It's not like a gaming environment. I have a 4k TV running ULtra and it is quite cool but to go full 4K you need a specific graphics cards and then are probably going to have nightmares with support and drivers etc. The 4k screen is the key - if you can't display the graphics i.e. your output is 1080 i.e. HDMI then unless you have a crazy good monitor it wont help. I am also aware Apple 4K TV only renders max in Ultra? 

Also Aple 

Did a bit of a Pain Cave Update over the weekend: 

1. Added Graphics Card to my PC: Palit GTX 1660 Super

2. Got a Samsung 4K TV

Previously on Zwift only got (as per Zwiftilizer): 1080P, Medium, 40FPS

First Zwift impression with the new goodies...WOW!!! Now have ULTRA 4K, 60FPS (TV only goes to 60Hz)

I am very happy with the results!

Anyone going to sign up for the Academy? Did anyone do any of the previous editions? If so, worth signing up? They say registration opens today, but I cannot find the link anywhere. 

https://www.zwift.com/zaroadmens

It will probably be to the left on the screen as you select which world to start in, the lastest update's changelog mentions "In-game registration opens September 8th for Cycling".

I'll probably do it, I just need to do a ramp test before, otherwise it will definitely not go well.

I’ve done previous ones, good advice to update your ftp if you don’t do workouts often. It’s a few fun events to fit into the weekly routine

It will probably be to the left on the screen as you select which world to start in, the latest update's change-log mentions "In-game registration opens September 8th for Cycling".

I'll probably do it, I just need to do a ramp test before, otherwise it will definitely not go well.

Please explain?

Please explain?

It just feels like I've been struggling to ride at the same power, but with average heart rate the same or higher.

So I just want to do a ramp test, so I don't try and do the workouts based on X FTP if I should be doing it at X - 30W.

You can register now, on that link you gave above, by the way

It just feels like I've been struggling to ride at the same power, but with average heart rate the same or higher.

So I just want to do a ramp test, so I don't try and do the workouts based on X FTP if I should be doing it at X - 30W.

Yes. People generally think that FTP only ever goes up.

I did my first Zwift TT yesterday, and it detected a new FTP for me anyway, so I can skip a ramp test.

Yes, I saw and I signed up. Pretty cool that they have a short testament from a Saffa, some chap called Brad G (apologies if he's an elite rider or something like that). 

I did my first Zwift TT yesterday, and it detected a new FTP for me anyway, so I can skip a ramp test.

Yes, I saw and I signed up. Pretty cool that they have a short testament from a Saffa, some chap called Brad G (apologies if he's an elite rider or something like that). 

Could be Brad Gouveris, in which case yes, u/23 pro I believe.

He won quite a few of the previous "Support SA Talent Virtual Series" races

Anyone going to sign up for the Academy? Did anyone do any of the previous editions? If so, worth signing up? They say registration opens today, but I cannot find the link anywhere. 

https://www.zwift.com/zaroadmens

I'll sign up again just to see my stats for a while in Today's Plan. In the previous versions the workouts didn't really feel like it's designed to make you better at any specific area of your riding.. It rather felt like a sifting process for Zwift to determine who is the best sprinters, climbers etc to take to the finals of the Academy..

I'll sign up again just to see my stats for a while in Today's Plan. In the previous versions the workouts didn't really feel like it's designed to make you better at any specific area of your riding.. It rather felt like a sifting process for Zwift to determine who is the best sprinters, climbers etc to take to the finals of the Academy..

Well I really hope it's not the case this time. It's not actually that much work, I see about 8 workouts or something along those lines. I don't think it's anywhere near as dense as a proper training plan, perhaps just a supplement or something to take advantage of if you're short on time. 

Anyway, it can't hurt giving it a try. Road season will probably only begin in earnest with Fast One in Jan 2021 if CR makes the right choice and bring us down to Level 1.

Hi all, I hope there is someone that might be able to help.

I Installed Zwift on my laptop its an i7 woth 8gb Ram.

But the problem is when I click on lets go after username and pssword the program closes itself after about 5seconds. It never gets to the trainer pair screen ect.

Anyone that had this problem before and how it can be fixed?

Note, all updates are done on laptop

But the problem is when I click on lets go after username and pssword the program closes itself after about 5seconds. It never gets to the trainer pair screen ect.

Did it previously work on the same machine?

Are there any strange errors in your log files?

https://support.zwift.com/locating-log-files-BykKO63fr#PC

Go to Task Manager and see if there is a session that did not close.  If, then close that session.

Alternatively uninstall Zwift and re-install ...