Bike damaged after receiving it back from the LBS

Heel Drop

subsequent to my other RANT topic taking bike back the 3rd time for the same issue

I collect it today (for the 3rd time) and loading it onto my rack see my front fork is severly scraped with marks and not lightly the whole of the front side is damaged

I specifcally load my bike on that side and would have noticed the damage when off loading it and secondly would have noticed it if I fell or scraped it like that

So needless to say took it back in and told them to sort it out as it was not damaged  like that when I brought it in

Any severe damage like that should anyhow be noted down on the job card on their side when bringing it in to the shop is my argument - simular to when you take your car in

My question is now is this common practise - do the shops actually note down damage ( I would say that need to OR people will just come back and blame them)

OR do you take a video of your bike every time before and after ?

Not so happy at the moment :cursing:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shop came back and are fixing it - back to happy  good outcome

Qeustion remain about noting damage prior to booking it in on the job card - it seems like this is not common practise

Shop came back and are fixing it - back to happy good outcome

Qeustion remain about noting damage prior to booking it in on the job card - it seems like this is not common practise

You don't know yet if the irritating noise is gone? ....or do you?

Shop came back and are fixing it - back to happy  good outcome

Qeustion remain about noting damage prior to booking it in on the job card - it seems like this is not common practise

Shop I have used in past did make notes about such things, including wheel, tyre type etc

can you categorically prove it wasnt scraped before you took it in?

I washed my own bike the other day, first time in a weeks worth of riding and noticed a chip in carbon from a rock or whatever. I was like damn when did that happen! when the bike is dirty you just do not see things.

You think that's bad, once I loaned my car to one of my brothers, he pranged it and didn't tell me, thought I wouldn't notice or something ha ha

Hi , sorry to hear about the scratches on your fork but there is hope. Carbon Bicycle Repairs in Durbanville can fix it. Give them a call on 083 357 4368. 

thanks the shop is sending it there to get it fixed - what I wonder about is how it manage to get on the fork as it was not light scratches and the whole length of the fork on the one side

can you categorically prove it wasnt scraped before you took it in?

I washed my own bike the other day, first time in a weeks worth of riding and noticed a chip in carbon from a rock or whatever. I was like damn when did that happen! when the bike is dirty you just do not see things.

I know my bike intimately and these are not scratches you miss - When I off loaded the bike ( the 3rd time) at the shop it wasn't there 100% SURE and I also told the shop manager that this brings up the issue of noting down any damage on the job card when booking the bike in- should be standard practise and will protect both parties

Archived