Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

Getting amped! Got my memberships and all that and even got an aero helmet for this crit racing thing! :P

Get deep sections as well 

Crit-ical  :devil:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get deep sections as well 

Crit-ical  :devil:

Pfff! I'v had 60mm since I can remember. It's not about riding fast, it's about looking fast ;)

The weather looks gnarly for sunday!

Anybody keen on also cycling there and back?

Saving all my energy for the race. Marginal gains and all  :ph34r:

Nah having breakfast with the missus afterwards.

I actually feel there's more merit in looking good going slowly.

Pfff! I'v had 60mm since I can remember. It's not about riding fast, it's about looking fast ;)

Entered yesterday evening! Thought discounted entries close wednesday 00:00 and not wednesday 24:00 :thumbup:  

Two things I'm not 100% sure of: paid R200 even though I don't belong to a club and didn't have to pay R20 for a number as it will be my first race.

Entered yesterday evening! Thought discounted entries close wednesday 00:00 and not wednesday 24:00 :thumbup:  

Two things I'm not 100% sure of: paid R200 even though I don't belong to a club and didn't have to pay R20 for a number as it will be my first race.

Well done.

Did you buy a mobi chip or do you have 1 already?

Well done.

Did you buy a mobi chip or do you have 1 already?

I didn't buy one, because the website said I didn't have to and I'm not too worried about official timing or points ar this stage. Is that fine?

Latest post on WPCA facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/WPCycling/

BIG BIG RACE UPDATE:

As you may know we are struggling to get our website back up and running, as a result of this you are unable to enter online. But we have made some provisions; Late entries will be accepted on the day with no price penalty (R200.00 for every category), therefore please try to arrive as early as possible to avoid congestion.

In the meantime, we would like to get as many names as possible of riders that will be racing on Sunday, therefore it would be much appreciated if you could comment on this post with your, FULL NAME, CATEGORY in which you race & RACE NUMBER.

The website MIGHT BE up and running later today in which we will announce it and encourage you to continue to enter online as per normal.

It will be much appreciated if you could pass this message onto friends and team mates.

RACE DETAILS:

Registration opens: 6:45am

U17/U15 Schools:
Start Time: 7:15am
Distance: 20 Minutes + 1 Lap

Schools Prize Giving: 8:25am

CAT 3/Women:
Start Time: 8:30am
Distance: 45 Minutes + 1 Lap

BREAK: 9:15 - 9:30am

CAT 2:
Start Time: 9:30am
Distance: 1 Hour + 1 Lap

BREAK: 10:30 - 10:45am

CAT 1:
Start Time: 10:45am
Distance: 1 Hour + 1 Lap

Category Prize Giving: 12:00

I didn't buy one, because the website said I didn't have to and I'm not too worried about official timing or points ar this stage. Is that fine?

As far as I know you would need to get a timing chip, but please confirm this with WPCA. It's also a matter of keeping the results accurate. Results are also sometimes visually verified, and if you finish top 10 for instance, you could confuse the results and points awarded. In many past instances riders have been asked to ID other riders and their finish orders so that accurate results can be published and the correct points allocated.

As far as I know you would need to get a timing chip, but please confirm this with WPCA. It's also a matter of keeping the results accurate. Results are also sometimes visually verified, and if you finish top 10 for instance, you could confuse the results and points awarded. In many past instances riders have been asked to ID other riders and their finish orders so that accurate results can be published and the correct points allocated.

That's why I replied here that I didn't get the chip, because the website says you don't have to. And Bankie hasn't said anything to the contrary. The only thing is that I won't get placings or points. Which I'm fine with for now. But maybe I buy a chip Sunday morning.

Someone was asking about clubs to join, I got this from the constitution: 

post-11806-0-57616200-1490896154_thumb.jpg

Also decided that as we bleet on about growing the sport and supporting WP cycling we going to register as a club and have a regular club team in cat 3.

That's why I replied here that I didn't get the chip, because the website says you don't have to. And Bankie hasn't said anything to the contrary. The only thing is that I won't get placings or points. Which I'm fine with for now. But maybe I buy a chip Sunday morning.

You dont need a chip to race Cat 3, you just cant improve your seeding with out a chip.

I have never used one, never won anything :P

Archived