Amashova 2017

Duane_Bosch

What device are you using to record this, awesome info and footage

If you have any GPS device and a Camera, Dashworks will do this, google it.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Light Tailwind out of Maritzburg all the way to Cato Ridge.

From Pinetown expect a gentle headwind (and no protection) coming at you from a "10 o'clock" direction.

Last few 3 km's is into the face of the gentle headwind, as always. 

Be back in Durban before 2 pm on Monday as we expect another heavy rainstorm.

Light Tailwind out of Maritzburg all the way to Cato Ridge.

From Pinetown expect a gentle headwind (and no protection) coming at you from a "10 o'clock" direction.

Last few 3 km's is into the face of the gentle headwind, as always. 

Be back in Durban before 2 pm on Monday as we expect another heavy rainstorm.

lets hope this is true...that wind as you come over the hill at hillcrest...all the way to durban...certainly makes for a challenging ride when you are on your own.

please be careful at the left turn up from the M13 onto the N3 just before the tollgate bridge...and dont forget to change gear otherwise you gona be walking up that short section ;)

i drove the route on monday...lucky the roads are closed so you have the whole road to navigate to miss the holes and the rough sections...you might need a gum guard to stop your teeth chattering on the section after fox hills to camper down... otherwise it looks ok 

What device are you using to record this, awesome info and footage

I used a Mobius action cam mounted to my handle bars. My Garmin Edge 520 recorded all the data. I then used free software called Garmin VIRB Edit to merge the video footage and the GPX data from the Garmin.

Quick in and out for registration...in the door on the left...down the stairs (follow the arrows on the floor)...collect your envelope...then upstairs to collect your goodie bag (nothing to write home about)in fact a bit disappointed it seems they decided to unload all the 2016 bike and 2017 athlete magazines...come on shova guys you can do better than that..lucky my daughter enjoys all the little bits...soaps and stuff...the mints were a big hit.

lucky for me...I had just collected our new premium club shirt so i got exited about that. 

big kudos to the east cost cycling chairman and his team...they really make an effort to give back more than we put...the new shirts are a good example.

https://eccc.co.za/

Quick in and out for registration...in the door on the left...down the stairs (follow the arrows on the floor)...collect your envelope...then upstairs to collect your goodie bag (nothing to write home about)in fact a bit disappointed it seems they decided to unload all the 2016 bike and 2017 athlete magazines...come on shova guys you can do better than that..lucky my daughter enjoys all the little bits...soaps and stuff...the mints were a big hit.

lucky for me...I had just collected our new premium club shirt so i got exited about that. 

big kudos to the east cost cycling chairman and his team...they really make an effort to give back more than we put...the new shirts are a good example.

https://eccc.co.za/

The Goodie bag is more of an added bonus these days. Not many races even pass a water-bottle with their race nomenclature over to say thanks for taking the trouble to support us. The rest of the goodies, as you say, are eagerly scooped up by the kids. The contents are not much to you and I, but it certainly helps to canvas future cyclists, albeit in a commercial way. 

The setup at Garden court was flawless. The freshly brewed coffee outside was superb and very strong. Both eyes in the same socket stuff. Can't fault the organizers on the efficiency. In and out in less than 7 minutes.  

Not for me this year, road surface just before Vans circuit is super rough and sketchy and the route is full of potholes. Not worth the entry fee for me personally as we can ride that route all year round.

Not for me this year, road surface just before Vans circuit is super rough and sketchy and the route is full of potholes. Not worth the entry fee for me personally as we can ride that route all year round.

Boo  :thumbdown:

That's great for you man. A lot of us can't. Would love to be heading down today to ride, rode my first one last year and am hooked on it.

sorry to hijack :rolleyes: going to Durban south (Amazimtoti) for a weekend. Anyone know good MTB trails in the south?

Unfortunately the Toti track was trashed by the storm last week and is closed. Rocky Bay is partially running with only the 12km track open to my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk