Hydraulic cable management

Mongoose001

So i decided to fit hydraulic brakes to my bike today. And while eveything went pretty well i ran into a snagg. Seeing that the bike originally came with cable disc brakes, i now have no place to run the hydraulic cable through/along the length of the top tube.

Is there some type of clamp or addon bit i can buy that fixes this? Sure i can use cable ties but those look *** and gham like.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what i can gather from the pic, it looks like they screw into the existing cable guide. If your bike uses that then this should work. At least i think.

I got these earlier today. Bridge Cycles has them. 100 bucks gets you 3 guides and some cable ties. I was told there was 4 in a pack. Anyway push comes to shove, if these dont stick after a while i could always drill 2 small holes on either side of the guide and pop in 2 self tapers.

post-104867-0-77856100-1489842562_thumb.jpg

I got these earlier today. Bridge Cycles has them. 100 bucks gets you 3 guides and some cable ties. I was told there was 4 in a pack. Anyway push comes to shove, if these dont stick after a while i could always drill 2 small holes on either side of the guide and pop in 2 self tapers.

Instead of self tappers, rather use a smallish rivet

Don't drill into the frame. It's not a wall.

If you really really want to get physical, then rather file out the back of your cable guides so that you can put your hydraulic hoses through them.

Will keep it in mind. I fitted the cable, a tad bit longer, so had to cut cable length to fit. Pretty easy i must say. Now to bleed the bogger:-) I also just noticed that rotors were fitted facing the wrong direction as well as the front tyre.

Is there a reason the previous owner would fit both rotors facing the wrong direction? Or just a mistake?

Don't drill into the frame. It's not a wall.

If you really really want to get physical, then rather file out the back of your cable guides so that you can put your hydraulic hoses through them.

I've done this and it works superb , DON"T drill into your frame !

Instead of self tappers, rather use a smallish rivet

Theres a worst advice thread here on this Hub. You're just not seeing it because this post broke it.

Archived