• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP, that sounds familiar!!

6000 pairs of shoes!!! Classic

Every now and then, I sneaked out of the office to "consult" outside and

ride my bike - when wife phones the office, she gets told I'm "consulting"

outside the office.

...she has now found out, but I still go!

Ever feel like that? Ever impulsively decide against adulting?

Like you just wanna drop everything...and go ride?

Glad you didn't say adultery! :ph34r:

Yeah, it gets to all of us some times...

Last Friday afternoon I was in an international company meeting online with the entire company attending and the CEO was talking to us but after about 30mins I could no longer take it, I had enough stress! I dropped out of that meeting without a word, took the mtb to Helderberg trails and nailed the downhill from the top. Life is short - it was awesome!

There is nothing better than a very early hard morning ride. Go to work with your legs half numb but your mind is fully awake.

There is nothing better than a very early hard morning ride. Go to work with your legs half numb but your mind is fully awake.

thats why commutes are the answer

This weekend - Cederberg

Next Month - Elands Bay

May - GRTP

June - Dirty weekend in Citrusdal

July - FFFFFFRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!

In the middle of a late summer perfect Highveld lunchtime ride right now .. gotta love it. 20k's to go

4189ab80d85847c633f2b70b622a93e1.jpg

e4b26631058d7fef34e550df58624c49.jpg

I'm just reminded of my old mantra ...

"You won't find the time to do the things YOU WANT to do YOU HAVE to MAKE time"

Nobody is busy 24hrs a day ... sometimes a bit of sacrifice goes a long way. I wanted to make sure I got in the necessary long rides for C2T but also not inconvenience my wife and family so I got up at 3AM and went and rode on Saturday mornings  :ph34r:

Am I missing something?

And there it is, my mates always seem to make time for golf on a Wed afternoon, I think I should also make time for "golf" on a Wed afternoon. A few years back a buddy and myself decided to do just that, while training for a stage race, and it was fantastic to get into the mountain for the afternoon. It energises you for the rest of the week, so is not counterproductive at all.

220 unread emails, as of this morning.

F### my life.

I get about 300 per day.

I have found that letting them pile up over a day or two is a nightmare.

So, make some time too speed through them all. Mark those that need following up, then right click and select "Mark all read".

If you missed one and it was important, they will mail again..... ;)

You are right, but a morning cycle is great too!

You only fully awake because your head is concentrating on the pain of your numbing legs... But, a good feeling none the less

Next Month - Elands Bay

Been tracking swell for weeks.

But there's just so much on my plate right now I don't even think I can make a day trip of it. 

I am busy packing up and moving both office and house back to Johannesburg tomorrow .

All the bikes are in the storage garage as I don't want them going in the removal van so I cannot say lets go ride

Best I could do was go to nearby Primi for a burger and beer lunch.

Archived