UCI DH World Cup 2017 #1 - Lourdes 29-30 April

Stretch

That time of year again   :clap:

gonna be interesting...if the UK Nationals are anything to go by - Danny Hart and Rachel are still dominating. Not much else to gleam so far from the rest of the world outside of the NZ nationals.

I'm away in Tanzania on the day - so will be avoiding all news feeds until I watch it "live" on the 2nd May

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta believe that Gwinn is going to be a major threat as always.  His off season training vids lead me to believe he's only going to become a bigger threat as time progresses.  He oozes confidence (not arrogance...try again) and with his natural ability that equates to calmness and results.

Brosnan also did  well in his first few outings on Canyon in Australia.

Minnaar always quiet in the off-season it seems so who knows.

Can't wait!

its got to be the year for ms seagrave..she was 0.4 secs off Rachel on split 1 and 2 for the nationals but then slid out and had quite a nasty

Been following most of the big teams on social media.

1. The YT Mob: I expect Gwin to be one of the favourites for the overall. The rest of the YT mob will just be there to make up the numbers. Neither Mulally nor Suarez will probably crack the top 40 in the overalls.
  2. MS Mondraker: Hart is going to be a major threat and if he can carry over his pace from the second half of last year, he could beat Gwin. He outpaced Gwin last year and he should be able to do it again. Greenland will also be a top 10/20 contender.
  3. COMMENCAL / VALLNORD DH Team by Riding Addiction: Thirion will be a top 10 contender and Nicole will be a podium contender for sure.
  4. Trek Factory Racing: Rachel should continue to dominate and Gee will be scrapping it out for top 20 finishes.
  5. Canyon Factory Racing: Bronsnan will be breathing down the necks of Gwin and Hart, but we'll have to wait and see if he can find his way past those two.
  6. Specialized Gravity Republic: Bruni will be fast after a disappointing 2016, but I haven't seen him doing regional races, so we'll have to wait and see. Illes should dominate in the Juniors again.
  7. The Santa Cruz Syndicate: Minnaar, Vergier and Shaw are all top 5 contenders at any race, so expect to see them warming the hot seat often.

Non-team honourable mentions: Hannah, Seagrave and Carpenter are going in to a battle royale for the second podium place. I do however hope that one of them can beat Rachel out right.

I know there's a lot of us here who don't particularly like Gwin but this is a fascinating interview with him about how he got started. https://m.pinkbike.com/news/aaron-gwin--the-interview.html He will be a serious contender once again this season. Hoping both Minnaar and the Hannah's have good seasons and that Ms Seagrave and Ms Hannah can wipe that smug smile off of Rachel's face!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Which reminds me.  Dark horse contender for me is Sick Mick.  Not for the W, but for sure for some top 10's. 

Which reminds me. Dark horse contender for me is Sick Mick. Not for the W, but for sure for some top 10's.

Worlds is his big target. He has said that a few times. But Mik will definitely put in a few good performances in the lead up to that. Solid guy and class entertainer!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Which reminds me.  Dark horse contender for me is Sick Mick.  Not for the W, but for sure for some top 10's. 

kicked Troys butt at Crankworx Rotorua

It going to be very very interesting to see who is on these come 2 weeks time ...

http%3A%2F%2Fcoresites-cdn.factorymedia.

that looks rather sexy!

The wagon wheels are COMING

Id put money on there being at least 8 to 10 top boys on the big hoops

3patap.jpg

Going to be an interesting season.

No word from SRAM/RockShox on a 29er BoXXer. That begs the question, will their athletes stick to 650B or are they going to Frankenfork a BoXXer CSU into a 29er Lyrik chassis?

Going to be an interesting season.

No word from SRAM/RockShox on a 29er BoXXer. That begs the question, will their athletes stick to 650B or are they going to Frankenfork a BoXXer CSU into a 29er Lyrik chassis?

They must have something in the pipeline ...

Remember for World Champs here in SA - Stevie was on a custom 180mm travel 650b boxxer fork - before Boxxer made the std 200mm 650B.

I am certain the guys will have been testing something - the Intense Factory team have already alluded to it too ... and they run SRAM/Rock Shox - so ....

I am interested to see what travel they reduce the DH bikes to with the big wheels -

My guess would be 180mm - but at that travel it is CLOSE to the big travel enduro bikes ...

So maybe there will be franken-endu-DH bikes ....

My popcorn is ready - lets just say that.