[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering why my entry does'nt reflect on Race Tec? All other entries are up. Have mailed them, no response yet. Let's see.....

This races seems as flat as you can get. How's the road condition and previous experience like?

Great race, good roads. Big fast bunches means you can do little work for just over two hours. So go on the attack early.

With less than a week to go before entries close, ASG Events race director Darren Herbst is anticipating another bumper entry for the Emperors Palace Classic cycle races in Johannesburg later this month.

Click here to view the article

Well he would say that wouldn't he?

Numbers have always been steady for this one - nice race.

1st one went up towards Oliphantsfontein and down Allendale Road - circling Thembisa and back past Simba chips.  Bit of traffic and they didn't try it that way again.

Was wondering why my entry does'nt reflect on Race Tec? All other entries are up. Have mailed them, no response yet. Let's see.....

Because it's not managed by Cycle Events, but rather their own inhouse system.

This races seems as flat as you can get. How's the road condition and previous experience like?

The road (R23 from Carnival City to Heidelberg) from the big 4-way is being re-tarred. Hopefully they will be finished before the race.

Not quite, the short route joins 3Km later than 2016, but shares the entire first 24Km unlike 2016. But essentially it's a shared route for the final 19Km 17.5Km.

Map below shows:

• red line (long route - unchanged for 2017);
  • blue line (old short route 2016);
  • yellow line (2017 short route 1st half);
  • green line (2017 short route 2nd half).

post-1372-0-94742800-1491472938_thumb.png

Edited by Frosty

Not quite, the short route joins 3Km later than 2016, but shares the entire first 24Km unlike 2016. But essentially it's a shared route for the final 19Km 17.5Km.

Map below shows:

• red line (long route - unchanged for 2017);
  • blue line (old short route 2016);
  • yellow line (2017 short route 1st half);
  • green line (2017 short route 2nd half).

attachicon.gifemperors.PNG

Thanks for the clarity :)

Thanks for the clarity :)

I think it was 2/3 years ago the short route was the same out and back it will be this year and as we(VA) came passed carnival on our return the leading short bunch where just about to come up to the turn around point. So if start times and race speeds remain similar then only the first couple of long groups will miss the shorter riders, The rest will have to fight for a narrow busy road back.

Anyway, entry fee too steep imho for that race.

Eek. Doing my first ever mountain bike race as I have entered the 25km one.

I am nervous but excited if that makes sense. I realise for most it's a 'little race' but have to start somewhere.

I am pretty polite and know to let faster people past me and pull over to the left.

Any other tips so that I don't unintentionally do something wrong?