[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Eek. Doing my first ever mountain bike race as I have entered the 25km one.

I am nervous but excited if that makes sense. I realise for most it's a 'little race' but have to start somewhere.

I am pretty polite and know to let faster people past me and pull over to the left.

Any other tips so that I don't unintentionally do something wrong?

...alternate shouting STRAVA! and TRACK! every thirty seconds...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...alternate shouting STRAVA! and TRACK! every thirty seconds...

I shall be sure to try that as soon as I can ride and talk at the same time.... ????

Nice bit of tar section in the beginning to let the race snakes get ahead, then plenty single track through forest section and some wide dirt roads. There is a drop off which can be quite tricky especially if wet, if unsure rather get off and push.

Thank you is this the drop off that has a chicken run that is referred to on the Web page or another one? Web page refers to one steep drop off but it says it has a chicken run.

Thank you is this the drop off that has a chicken run that is referred to on the Web page or another one? Web page refers to one steep drop off but it says it has a chicken run.

Not as far as I know everyone must get down, not that bad, get your weight down and keep the momentum up.

Don't we race anymore.. ?  

yes its expensive, but we not gonna beat that dead horse anymore , Sighhhhh ... 

Hope we all done marching and ready to take out frustrations on the race  :clap:

Who's In ? 

Don't we race anymore.. ?  

yes its expensive, but we not gonna beat that dead horse anymore , Sighhhhh ... 

Hope we all done marching and ready to take out frustrations on the race  :clap:

Who's In ? 

Yip, Even though the start is 8km from home, PASS. Would rather trek out to the cradle and do bell of hope. At least that money doesn't line the pockets of........

Yip, Even though the start is 8km from home, PASS. Would rather trek out to the cradle and do bell of hope. At least that money doesn't line the pockets of........

I'm with you here but won't be at the cradle on Sunday. Will stick to my side but with all the rain predicted I might just stay in bed.

It is expensive but I need to do some seeding races, last one I did was 947 in 2015 and I don't want to start this years 947 way back. Another plus is that its quite close so I can cycle to the start and back after. 

It is expensive but I need to do some seeding races, last one I did was 947 in 2015 and I don't want to start this years 947 way back. Another plus is that its quite close so I can cycle to the start and back after. 

Well......seeding....

After 6 months this race will be degraded by factor x according to the rules of Racetec.

So in theory this will help you boggerall for 94.7 and especially for the Ogust in March.

Rather do something closer to the date.......

Just a thought.......

Well......seeding....

After 6 months this race will be degraded by factor x according to the rules of Racetec.

So in theory this will help you boggerall for 94.7 and especially for the Ogust in March.

Just a thought.......

For seeding purposes I would suggest the medium route at the Sattelite Classic. This was by far my best seeding race for seeding in 947 and Argus.

Just to give an idea, 80km Sattelite classic route in 2h32 outscored the following:

2h57 947(95km),

2h36 Emperors(98km)

3h25 R4V(110km)

EDIT: I just remembered that the Sattelite might have been too late in the year to qualify for 947 seeding. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Rookie85

Well......seeding....

Just a thought.......

To expand on the seeding bit...

This event is a premier seeding event for the Fun Ride World Champs, so... it means that the seeding doesn't degrade.

Non premier events carry the +1 penalty for each month after 5 months.

I don't think the 947 works the same, so 5 months after this one is 23-Sep before it starts degrading. Entries close end of August, so perhaps this one could count without degrading.