• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called sarcasm.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;
"well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"

I have the Absolute Black with XX1 crankarms and it works well. Never had an issue.

Arrived as promised after ordering directly online and installed it myself.

I have not tried the other brand

Makes you as fast as Froome ....seriously this is An excellent product.

Pm for more info

post-46013-0-48850800-1493733022_thumb.jpg

if CSIXX made rings for RaceRace id use them, but afraid for now Im using absolule black on all my bikes and have never looked back

if CSIXX made rings for RaceRace id use them, but afraid for now Im using absolule black on all my bikes and have never looked back

Should be coming out production - chat to the guys, should be available imminently

Got Kalbo and Absolute Black on bikes and can't tell the difference. For interest sake how many km's do these 1 x rings get? 

Got Kalbo and Absolute Black on bikes and can't tell the difference. For interest sake how many km's do these 1 x rings get?

Absolute Black claim the have gotten 12k km on one of their chainrings... So probably more than most of us will have it on for if you look after your chain well (ie: clean and lube).

Both make the 3mm offset. I have the Absolute Black 3mm offset on my trail bike, but at the time of buying both brands had some in stock.

Where did you buy. Maybe i can try them

Using AB and happy. Good milage. Oval is really helping with steep climbing traction.

Once CSIXX makes rings for RF Cinch I will support them. Have their wheels. Good local product.

Another point of interest. If you ever ride your 'old' stretched chain for too long on your ring and hear the gnarly noise of death after fitting a new chain. Yes, you have screwed up your ring. But don't despair you can 'screw' it right again. I thought I just slab it onto my commuter bike and live with the grind, and to my surprise, within 200ks, the new chain had ground the ring back into shape. Disclaimer: it was a new 9-speed XT chain, so nice and strong, and I only did it once. But it works nice and quiet ever since. (and, no, the chain has not stretched to fit the ring, just in case somebody is thinking this...;))

Happy riding!

P.S.: 1x9 is the most cost effective drive train you will ever ride!

Using AB and happy. Good milage. Oval is really helping with steep climbing traction.

Once CSIXX makes rings for RF Cinch I will support them. Have their wheels. Good local product.

Another point of interest. If you ever ride your 'old' stretched chain for too long on your ring and hear the gnarly noise of death after fitting a new chain. Yes, you have screwed up your ring. But don't despair you can 'screw' it right again. I thought I just slab it onto my commuter bike and live with the grind, and to my surprise, within 200ks, the new chain had ground the ring back into shape. Disclaimer: it was a new 9-speed XT chain, so nice and strong, and I only did it once. But it works nice and quiet ever since. (and, no, the chain has not stretched to fit the ring, just in case somebody is thinking this... ;))

Happy riding!

P.S.: 1x9 is the most cost effective drive train you will ever ride!

You can also just swop the ring around ... also works quite well to extend the life ... you can thank me later ;)

Oval... might feel a bit funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oval... might feel a bit funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if swopped around and 'turned around' if that makes sense? Just thinking at some point it will look the same as the right way round .... I could be smokin my socks though  :whistling: