[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic 2017

Frosty

Yes quite a lot, we started together, but on the racetec result it doesn't show any ML results for anyone

I will query the results for ML, and advise during the week.

Please send your details (name, race number, Racetec chip number and ID number) using the contact us page on the race website - http://germistonclassic.co.za/contact-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a solitary result, ML was last start group for 103km so maybe they confused it with the next start batch which was the 65km. As Gerald mentioned Racetec are usually pretty good. Log a query and I'm sure they will sort it out.

That makes sense thanks Scotty

That makes sense thanks Scotty

I wonder when Racetec are going to post the MTB results from yesterday? Strange that they put up the road results from today and not the MTB results!

I wonder when Racetec are going to post the MTB results from yesterday? Strange that they put up the road results from today and not the MTB results!

Scroll down below the Durbie Dash results, and you’ll find the MTB results - they’ve been used since 13:00.

d713dc65f32356040f341833ae237028.jpg

Started in BL, got dropped at around 60km with a sizable group, pulled it back to the main bunch thereafter I was flat. Hanged in there until 89km right turn I had to kiss the group goodbye. There was a nice tandem M/F who came passed and told me to climb on...tried but I couldnt...then TT'd to a just-just sub3. Now I am hoping for a sub3 947.

Well done to the organizers . I saw I guy come down in Al group , GWSoon . General well behaved in the wind with the bike marshals doing a trying job .

The results in 50 to 59 age group seem incorrect . First 3 places were from IL , GL batches , which I think is almost impossible . 4 to 7 th place was in AL . I have sent a quiery. I suppose without half way timing mats , very difficult to verify .

Well done to the organizers . I saw I guy come down in Al group , GWSoon . General well behaved in the wind with the bike marshals doing a trying job .

The results in 50 to 59 age group seem incorrect . First 3 places were from IL , GL batches , which I think is almost impossible . 4 to 7 th place was in AL . I have sent a quiery. I suppose without half way timing mats , very difficult to verify .

the results are not final, and we do request that obvious errors are corrected. TL and AL will appear at the top once corrected.

My 1500 Vitality points have already come through ????

The only problem in the B bunch was the marshall deciding to stop his motorbike to the right of the white line, a few guys almost rode straight into him.

No interference from the 65km bunches as they nowhere to be seen for some reason.

Edited by Cyclewizz

No interference from the 65km bunches as they nowhere to be seen for some reason.

You guys were too quick for the 65Km...  :whistling: 

The main 65Km group would've turned left with CL, or maybe even DL.

You guys were too quick for the 65Km... :whistling:

The main 65Km group would've turned left with CL, or maybe even DL.

Yip .. Joined the main CL bunch and unfortunately we all sat up with the lane restriction as they were bobbing and weaving all over like crazy.. But it was a good day out , and no taxi taking the bunch down this year. Yay !

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Well done to the organizers . I saw I guy come down in Al group , GWSoon

A guy that was riding with one of the AL crash victims came to the Racetec van to get ICE contact details. When he couldn’t make contact with the rider, he called the guy’s father.

For the guys that crashed hard, he says X-rays appear to be okay (assuming no breaks), and the he realised what is involved with the medical teams and related services on the day. Brand new helmet in it’s glory but he’s happy it served it’s primary purpose.

A follow up comms to both riders (crashee and reportee) is needed to compliment both on their kinds actions and feedback.

One bit of bad news from today, my mates Enve wheels were nicked off her bike off the back of her car as she went to chat to the press about her win in the MTB race yesterday - you know what to do if you see a pair for sale

One bit of bad news from today, my mates Enve wheels were nicked off her bike off the back of her car as she went to chat to the press about her win in the MTB race yesterday - you know what to do if you see a pair for sale

*@#&* !!!

BL results don't look right. I don't remember there being a breakaway that succeeded and esp one that would have gained such a big gap. That mat in the middle was missed.

BL results don't look right. I don't remember there being a breakaway that succeeded and esp one that would have gained such a big gap. That mat in the middle was missed.

C bunch as well .. Dropped guys round the 65 mark but they came in 15 mins before me.. And my results missing from racetec ... Pondering face