Carbon Frame damage or Cosmetic

Bianchisti

Sweet and short to those in the know. Is my frame an off or not???

post-25309-0-67618400-1495174355_thumb.jpg

post-25309-0-55063100-1495174378_thumb.jpg

post-25309-0-84303100-1495174398_thumb.jpg

post-25309-0-90928900-1495174418_thumb.jpg

post-25309-0-63904900-1495174437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bianchisti

If it is newer than 2011 then it has a 5 year warranty.  Take it back to where you bought and ask them to claim a new frame for you.

Edited by Dazshell

Im interested to know what caused it? 

Its definitely going to need some love from a pro though.

Eish dude. That doesn't look good.

Carbon Ninja, or Bogus can help.

That, or sell it on the Hub, "as new", we need another thread about a dodgy classifieds deal.

You forgot the standard "less than 250km done"

Ouch. What happened? 

Hope he never slammed his nuts onto the top tube  :oops:  :eek:

Guessing it's from a bike rack clamp or a repair stand clamp.

Ouch. What happened? 

Well looking at previous Hub "stories" it was probably something as trivial as "I got on an pedaled" - WARRANTY CLAIM!! 

the damage could have occurred while you were  testing the Chris Vroome descending technique as applied in the tour France with a bit too much vigor ?

...at least thats what can be reported on the insurance claim ...

Not really sure what happened but it's possible this is from a crash about a year ago. At the time there was no visual damage on the frame and I've only started riding recently and noticed yesterday.

The bike and I somersaulted scoring about 8/10 for the "human pretzel manoeuvre" (acutely described elsewhere on these forums). Anything less with a more awkward landing and the damage could've been catastrophic.

The bike' first impact/landing was on the saddle and then the bars which I thought was a good thing at the time.

I was equally blessed landing on the back of my shoulder (not neck or head).

This is the second of these frames I've had (last one was replaced on warranty) but speaking to Northcliff it's unlikely this one (being on the top tube) can be entertained by warranty.

You lot will have to come up with better warranty claim stories so let me have them.

Not really sure what happened but it's possible this is from a crash about a year ago. At the time there was no visual damage on the frame and I've only started riding recently and noticed yesterday.

The bike and I somersaulted scoring about 8/10 for the "human pretzel manoeuvre" (acutely described elsewhere on these forums). Anything less with a more awkward landing and the damage could've been catastrophic.

The bike' first impact/landing was on the saddle and then the bars which I thought was a good thing at the time.

I was equally blessed landing on the back of my shoulder (not neck or head).

This is the second of these frames I've had (last one was replaced on warranty) but speaking to Northcliff it's unlikely this one (being on the top tube) can be entertained by warranty.

You lot will have to come up with better warranty claim stories so let me have them.

If the damage was from an event, it should be an insurance claim. But don't get the Hub started on that.

Honestly, the carbon repairs are so good and in expensive these days, that probably the way to go. Sommer get a sexy custom spray job while it's being done :)