Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

Still not much news from the team, See Lachlan Morton signed although it was not communicated.

Anyone with some inside info, rumours abot the team?

not much here either

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-cyclingnews-guide-to-2017-2018-rider-transfers/

Dimension Data

In: Nicholas Dlamini (Dimension Data Continental), Louis Meintjes (UAE Team Emirates), Julien Vermote (Quick-Step Floors), Tom-Jelte Slagter (Cannondale-Drapac), Scott Davies (Team Wiggins)

OutOmar Fraile (Astana), Nathan Haas (Katusha-Alpecin), Kristian Sbaragli (Israel Cycling Academy), Daniel Teklehaimanot

Extended: Steve Cummings, Jay Thomson, Jaco Venter, Johann van Zyl, Jacques Janse van Rensburg, Igor Anton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not much here either

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-cyclingnews-guide-to-2017-2018-rider-transfers/

Dimension Data

In: Nicholas Dlamini (Dimension Data Continental), Louis Meintjes (UAE Team Emirates), Julien Vermote (Quick-Step Floors), Tom-Jelte Slagter (Cannondale-Drapac), Scott Davies (Team Wiggins)

OutOmar Fraile (Astana), Nathan Haas (Katusha-Alpecin), Kristian Sbaragli (Israel Cycling Academy), Daniel Teklehaimanot

Extended: Steve Cummings, Jay Thomson, Jaco Venter, Johann van Zyl, Jacques Janse van Rensburg, Igor Anton

Is Cav on a longer contract, or have I missed something?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The rumoured BMC deal with DDD is signed.

How does this actually work?

BMC have dumped loads of money into BMC racing, why not continue as a bike sponsor for the team you have worked with?

I know cervelo moved to Sunweb as a co sponsor, so obviously DDD would be shopping around.

Behind the scenes do the teams hold the drawcard, or the decent bike companies get to pick and choose?

Heard Lotto Soudal offered Greipel a third of his current salary for next season.

He's now in the hunt for a new team. should be interesting.

Heard Lotto Soudal offered Greipel a third of his current salary for next season.

He's had a good career but I reckon he's in the same boat as Cav where the wins will be drying up now. So many new young sprinters hitting WT teams right now. A third of his salary might end up being a good offer.

If it wasn't for Porte going to Trek i would have given them the sure shot for the Gorilla to end his career at, oh well guess DDD will gladly have him replace Cavendish

Did you see the tweet lotto posted announcing it? The comments were harsh.

Did you see the tweet lotto posted announcing it? The comments were harsh.

Just checked now, AG has got a lot of support.

Its not as if Caleb Ewan is that good a sprinter to act as a worthy replacement.

BMC have dumped loads of money into BMC racing, why not continue as a bike sponsor for the team you have worked with?

I know cervelo moved to Sunweb as a co sponsor, so obviously DDD would be shopping around.

Behind the scenes do the teams hold the drawcard, or the decent bike companies get to pick and choose?

From what I have heard the bike companies pay big $$ to the teams so if that is true my thinking would be that the teams hold hold all the cards. (would be interesting to calculate the number of bikes sold purely based on them being underneath team "X" at the tour? prime example would be Pinarello/Sky/Yellow Jersey)

From what I have heard the bike companies pay big $$ to the teams so if that is true my thinking would be that the teams hold hold all the cards. (would be interesting to calculate the number of bikes sold purely based on them being underneath team "X" at the tour? prime example would be Pinarello/Sky/Yellow Jersey)

Every time I see Pinarello and think Chinarello ????????????????, so it's a no for me from a sales point of view

That white BMC in the breakaway the other day was quite the thing. It had plenty kiffness