Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

That's 2013 rates though...surely there has been an increase since then?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This link is from may 2017, they talk about 31k USD per year. Should be roughly the same as the eur amount.

I don't think there has been an increase, hopefully with the new leader at the UCI there may be changes made here and with the ladies. AFAIK the ladies don't have a minimum wage.

http://cyclingillustrated.com/how-much-money-does-and-pro-cyclist-make-and-how/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New World Tour Pro is now 38 115 Euro minimum salary.

I actually just read that..

This for Neo-Pro

From January 2018, neo-pros will get at least 25,806 euros at Pro Continental level and 30,839 euros at WorldTour. Their more senior counterparts will be entitled to a minimum salary of 30,855 euros at Pro Continental and 38,115 euros if they ride for a WorldTour squad.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/minimum-wage-increase-for-worldtour-and-pro-continental-riders/?utm_content=buffer7646e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by Gen

Okay. Now, hypothetically, how is this enforced.

Hypothetically, I can hold 5.5 w/kg all day. Hypothetically I'm under 30 25. Hypothetically all the big teams are over budget.

Hypothetically, someone comes to me and says "Listen pe3nguin bru, lekker ride on Sunday, wanna pull in and ride with us for a year?"

Hypothetically they promise me 50 race days. Hypothetically they can only offer me 20k eurodollars for the year. Hypothetically this might be my only shot to hit the world tour.

Whats stopping me from saying screw the minimum wage, pay me peanuts and if I'm good, keep me on. Tell the UCI you pay me minimum wage.

Okay. Now, hypothetically, how is this enforced.

Hypothetically, I can hold 5.5 w/kg all day. Hypothetically I'm under 30 25. Hypothetically all the big teams are over budget.

Hypothetically, someone comes to me and says "Listen pe3nguin bru, lekker ride on Sunday, wanna pull in and ride with us for a year?"

Hypothetically they promise me 50 race days. Hypothetically they can only offer me 20k eurodollars for the year. Hypothetically this might be my only shot to hit the world tour.

Whats stopping me from saying screw the minimum wage, pay me peanuts and if I'm good, keep me on. Tell the UCI you pay me minimum wage.

He he no idea hey.. it's in place to protect the riders..

Contracts have to be submitted to the UCI just like football submit to FIFA or whoever the contracts go to.

Cycling teams have to show their books to make sure they have financial stability before they are issued a licence (this is a every year thing as far as I can remember)

He he no idea hey.. it's in place to protect the riders..

Contracts have to be submitted to the UCI just like football submit to FIFA or whoever the contracts go to.

Cycling teams have to show their books to make sure they have financial stability before they are issued a licence (this is a every year thing as far as I can remember)

Hypothetically we fudge the books and two contracts can be drafted?

Not trying to be argumentative. Just like you say, these rules are in place to protect the riders, but what if in this case, its doing more harm then good [to me] because literally no one can afford me, but I'm prepared to waive that issue for a set amount of racedays?

Edited by pe3nguin

Not trying to be argumentative. Just like you say, these rules are in place to protect the riders, but what if in this case, its doing more harm then good [to me] because literally no one can afford me, but I'm prepared to waive that issue for a set amount of racedays?

Then you selling yourself hypothetically short... but better to stick on topic and on facts!

And as we being hypothetical WW3 may start before you earn a single euro. .. and yes it sounds as stupid as all your hypothetical ;)

Suppose anything can be done.. but riders best interest should come before their desperation of getting a contract. . . And I think a lot of teams will snap up a young promising youngster as it is cheap labour.. value for money even at min wage. [emoji6]

Then you selling yourself hypothetically short... but better to stick on topic and on facts!

Yes because I would literally be the FIRST cyclist ever struggling to make it at WT level. I'm sure a boatload of pros sell themselves short to get a deal. Not everyone can be a Sagan/Froome/etc and dictate terms.

But yes, all the hypotheticals were off topic (sorry for that), but if you think they sound stupid, then you might be a bit short-sighted.

[Edit]: Unless you were refering to my powerdata, in which case that was ridiculous and we can all have a laugh.

Edited by pe3nguin

Yes because I would literally be the FIRST cyclist ever struggling to make it at WT level. I'm sure a boatload of pros sell themselves short to get a deal. Not everyone can be a Sagan/Froome/etc and dictate terms.

But yes, all the hypotheticals were off topic (sorry for that), but if you think they sound stupid, then you might be a bit short-sighted.

[Edit]: Unless you were refering to my powerdata, in which case that was ridiculous and we can all have a laugh.

Short sighted don't think so... but trying to second guess how long a piece of string is.... is indeed rather hypothetical and rather irrelevant!

As for your boatload comment, you have proof or just another hypothetical guess?

Let's wait and see what the news is and then discuss the pro's and con's of :)

Final thing to consider, and then I'm done before Shaper gets all bent.

Minimum for neo-pro has been established as €30 839. Desperate neo-pro gets approached by WT who have gone over budget. They have 20k to work with. Neo-pro gets paid the full €30 839 but then has to cover own airfare/accomodation and meals to the value of €10 839.

Grey area? Something someone who really wants to ride at world tour level would consider?

Moving on. Hey John, whats the beat with them leaking willies brah?

Moving on. Hey John, whats the beat with them leaking willies brah?

Think we should just follow all the teams on twitter and set Google notifications. .cause these lot in the know are just not coming to the party for us.

Except Sky.. not doing that.. not even for willieleaks

Edited by Gen

So have we actually got any firm confirmation on Smurf's move for next year...

Yip.. just confirmed. . WILLIE TO RIDE FOR KATUSHA[emoji122] [emoji122]

Welcome @williesmurfy ! Willie Smit, first African rider to join #TeamKatushaAlpecin : https://t.co/zgt62vC5D0 https://t.co/ynqB45HXcz

https://teamkatushaalpecin.com/news/willie-smit-first-african-rider-join-team-katusha-alpecin

Edited by Gen

There we go. Peace has been settled on the HUB and I can come out of hiding.

Stoked for him. ..what an incredible hard earned opportunity. ..all the best to the Smurf

Now I can say.I know a online person who knows Willie and Willie will get to know Kittel 's hair..[emoji6]

Edited by Gen