Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about 7km to the start line.

I parked there in 2015, when there were road works on William Nicol Dr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you have a bit of a leg warmer climb after the jukskei on Main?

Get a roadbike! Even just for the day :clap:

My mate offered me his roadbike but I have not ridden one since school (which was many moons ago) so would rather go with what I know ito geometry/fit/comfort etc

Actually using another mate's MTB as I only have 1x11 on my bike with a 30T upfront so I would have been spinning out all day long. 

I stand under correction, but, I think you can substitute right up to the Saturday before the race, but it has to be at the expo.

I've ridden on knobblies before. Personally, I wouldn't buy slicks for one day. Your rolling resistance will obviously be higher and the tar will wear on the knobblies more but most of us aren't going for the win so is it really so different coming 10203 or 10204...? ;)

You could just go the whole nine yards and buy a road bike for the one day... :P

Tried the roadbike argument but minister of finance said no

Hey all, the cycle challenge team stuffed up and have prescribed me a starting time of 8:10 instead of 7:39. Is it worth the fight (and R200 at the expo reseeding) to challenge it?

30 mins could be 15km distance, or more... so really up for you to decide. 

I am going to take out the OLD Raleigh Bomber the Weekend for a 50k stroll just to see if I will make the 93km, aiming for a 5hr finish, if you see me smile & wave and most important pass Right, I will be slower than you.

How far is the start from Leaping Frog - checked the map but hard to figure out distances? That map is also as confusing as .....

And its all downhill..

Two things I require mental preparation for at road race:

1. Boxes pushing in at the front of their starting groups. There are many charity groups that ride for mental awareness, they do amazing work assisting people with mental illnesses. When pushing in, ask yourself, will I seek help today for my illness/disorder. If you at any stage need to push in, your are riding in the wrong group! Your starting group is NN at 9:45am.

2. Beer tent prices! What is the going rate for organs on the black market these days. I need to make a plan as I would like to drink at least 2 beers.

Rant off

Racing through Joburg is awesome. I enjoy the race, and do acknowledge effort done by the organizers.

Oh ja, the people with the Tequila stand down Homestead, please do make a conservative afford of supplying them in sachets, some of us race and party hard at the same time. Our Lycra outfits and shaved legs makes us pro's. We require sustenance fast while achieving our PB's

Numbers for MTB collected, super smooth process :thumbup: 

Also jeez can some okes whinge! Just because you were "in the 2nd batch last year" doesn't mean you will still be in the 2nd batch this year? 

Archived