Telkom 947 Cycle Challenge - #CC2017

Bonus

Last comment on this, I pinkie promise.

I think people are conflating issues here. Give them sweets, don’t give them sweets. That’s your choice. Do what you want, nobody is telling what to do. I do not think there is much issue here.

But if the act of a poor homeless child asking you for a sweet actually annoys you, you are the problem. That’s my issue.

What’s next?

“OMG I hate it when the beggars at the robots sets off my park distance control, JUST as Avicii’s beat is about to drop! Don’t even know why I upgraded to a Bose system ”

Anyway well done to all of those people who finished, well done to those who enjoyed it. To those who hated the kids, you have a year to go

and help getting them off the streets.

Will be good to check in next year to hear what you did to help solve our poverty problem.

A few reports here indicated that feeding them sweets actually encouraged fights in the road......so I’m not sure if this is the solution to getting them off the streets

Maybe if the goal is to help these kids then perhaps the organisors should get involved and train them to be marshals or WP workers or something along those lines.

Riding around throwing energy bars and sweets will do squat to help their situation, this has been happening for many years probably before some people commenting here started cycling as a sport and the situation wrt the kids has not improved in all this time as a result of people feeding the poor homeless kids with sweets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are conflating issues here. Give them sweets, don’t give them sweets. That’s your choice. Do what you want, nobody is telling what to do. I do not think there is much issue here.

But if the act of a poor homeless child asking you for a sweet actually annoys you, you are the problem. That’s my issue. I am not sure I can make it any clearer.

What’s next?

“OMG I hate it when the beggars at the robots sets off my park distance control, JUST as Avicii’s beat is about to drop! Don’t even know why I upgraded to a Bose system ”

Anyway well done to all of those people who finished, well done to those who enjoyed it. To those who hated the kids, you have a year to go and help get them off the streets. Will be good to check in next year to hear what you did to help solve our poverty problem.

Fokit Patch you really took this to the next level.

For me it was definitely not an issue, its a bit of distraction.

What about the okes coming through later in the day, who go up there at less than 10km/h or walking.

I am sure they get harassed quite a bit more.

I feel for those kids though, do they even get any sweets/chocolates the rest of the year?

Does getting a free chocolate once a year really mean you will want everything for free for the rest of your life?

But if the act of a poor homeless child asking you for a sweet actually annoys you, you are the problem. That’s my issue. I am not sure I can make it any clearer.

What’s next?

Anyway well done to all of those people who finished, well done to those who enjoyed it. To those who hated the kids, you have a year to go and help get them off the streets. Will be good to check in next year to hear what you did to help solve our poverty problem.

You missed my point again, you don't even know me so how do you know they annoy me. Quick to judge and therefore you have the problem. 

Edited by scotty

You missed my point again, you don't even know me so how do you know they annoy me. Quick to judge and therefore you have the problem. 

I wasn't referring to you.

I think people are conflating issues here. Give them sweets, don’t give them sweets. That’s your choice. Do what you want, nobody is telling what to do. I do not think there is much issue here. - This was in reference to your post. No problem here.

But if the act of a poor homeless child asking you for a sweet actually annoys you, you are the problem. That’s my issue. - This was in reference to MY point and a general statement, it was not directed at you, apologies is it came across like that.

Edited by Patchelicious

Pretty cool, what software did you use to get the speed, HR and map data on the video?  Also was that a Gopro or something else?  Thanks

A few reports here indicated that feeding them sweets actually encouraged fights in the road......so I’m not sure if this is the solution to getting them off the streets

Maybe if the goal is to help these kids then perhaps the organisors should get involved and train them to be marshals or WP workers or something along those lines.

Riding around throwing energy bars and sweets will do squat to help their situation, this has been happening for many years probably before some people commenting here started cycling as a sport and the situation wrt the kids has not improved in all this time as a result of people feeding the poor homeless kids with sweets

I agree with you. But this is not my point, nor did I offer a solution to this problem.

Giving energy bars to kids at a race will not solve our countries hunger problems I agree 100%, however changing our attitude towards those who have less than us, might.

Fokit Patch you really took this to the next level.

Lol, I know.

Some people don't seem to understand the use of hyperbole when trying to make a point and take it literally.

Guys, is it just me, or are the pics taken by Jetline Action Pics absolutely rubbish!?

And the prices are insane, but I could have looked past that just for one decent pic.

Mines cr@p as well, only 1 pic of me going over NM bridge which although early in the race I look like i was approaching the finish line after a double lap. 

Lol, I know.

Some people don't seem to understand the use of hyperbole when trying to make a point and take it literally.

Some people just don't have any...focus.

post-77414-0-62053200-1511422250_thumb.gif

Edited by Fat Boab

Im glad you have come across the Hyaenas, Ive seen signs at lodges which clearly say dont feed the monkeys. I wasnt going to use that example because of some libtards on this site that will turn my comment into a aunty Penny story and blow it out of proportion.

Dont feed them, they eventually go away or leave you alone.

Its great that they support but thats what it must be... dont come begging.

Yes, because township kids love to come out and support a bunch of fat MAMILS sweating away on their little road bikes, making said MAMILS feel like their flying up a Grand Tour mountain stage. 

Yes, because township kids love to come out and support a bunch of fat MAMILS sweating away on their little road bikes, making said MAMILS feel like their flying up a Grand Tour mountain stage. 

Wow, that sure puts it into perspective.

This thread is broken. 

Wow, that sure puts it into perspective.

This thread is broken.

It could be worse, just imagine if I was focused....

????