Another one..........

coppi

sad, coz motorist gives a flip.

The last two weeks I've noticed the worst driving patterns.

Motorist simply do not slow down and over take when its safe to do so. they rather speed up for a gap, not to go over the white line and hoot at you as they feel you are in their way and should all of a sudden disappear of the face of the earth.

It is very sad BUT what were they doing on the N12, it is a highway.

Not sure exactly where this happened but from the Google images i just checked the N12 in the Potch area it is not a highway.  Dual carriage but not a highway.

I think that stretch of N12 is used by commuters from Boipatong to potch......Gen help!

This is about 5km outside Potch on the N12 to Klerksdorp. It is supposed to be an 80km/h stretch.

It is close to one of the access road turn-offs into Ikageng and it might be that they were crossing the road to go into Ikageng. There is a 2m wide path on the other side of the road that we use when we ride to Klerksdorp, don't know why they weren't using that...

And this happened Sunday night:

http://er24.info/cyclist-killed-potchefstroom-hit-run/

The Schoemansdrift road get used by a lot of cyclists, recreational and commuters. We were visiting my aunt and uncle saterday afternoon/evening on their farm in the Vredefort Dome area  and on our way home I noticed lots of commuters with no lights, reflectors or lighter/reflective clothing. You only become aware of them when your are right on top of them.

Archived