E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

Where did he post this? WE must flag it? Bwahaha! HE must use the hide from public leaderboard function. BUT, he is not doing this for his own data, he wants to show people how fast his motors are.

Edit: Found it.

Friday Flaggin, my fav

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose he faced a problem:

"How do I sell strap on motors for bicycles in South Africa?"

Analysis of the market:

South Africa cyclists are many and well off

South Africans are egotistical and will want to "be the best"

Electronic doping is not as bad as chemical doping.

These people in South Africa who commute on their bicycles to work are poor and cannot afford my product.

Therefore, launch a guerilla campaign (with a click baiting catch line "why strava exploded?) promising untraceable electronic doping (ebike) which will guarantee the user unlimited KOM. 

If he only went to Quebeka bicycle initiative with his idea, he could have integrated it with Quebeka bike V2 and ensured not only a better South Africa but guaranteed income from each strap on sold/donated to a needy commuter.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO......

See? This is what happens when people care so much about data!

I blame strava for turning everything into a race.... 

Being a 'Hipster' (as jetstar put it) and not having stats means I don't care what sort of a cheating butt troll Jaco is... (who is he anyway and why is Die Muishond so angry?)

Being a 'Hipster' (as jetstar put it) and not having stats means I don't care what sort of a cheating butt troll Jaco is... (who is he anyway and why is Die Muishond so angry?)

I wonder if the man is recording his rides with a garmin device connected to CONNECT which updates his STRAVA and maybe his MULTIPLY or DISCOVERY account.  Now that would be very interesting if his insurance/ health company suddenly decides to audit his training log, as this log has become a "face value document" in order to acquire some financial benefit....

KInda important data is , isn't it?

Thats the whole point of Strava, its core purpose was to create competition amongst friends.

If you dont want to race segments, there are a ton of other apps, or you can just not look at segments. But to some its important.

I think Pluto should be a real planet, its unfortunately not, but I'm not upset that it isn't, however I promise you there are lots of people who have way worse argument over that than this  Strava one.

Edited by Patchelicious

I wonder if the man is recording his rides with a garmin device connected to CONNECT which updates his STRAVA and maybe his MULTIPLY or DISCOVERY account.  Now that would be very interesting if his insurance/ health company suddenly decides to audit his training log, as this log has become a "face value document" in order to acquire some financial benefit....

KInda important data is , isn't it?

It's important data if you don't lie...

It becomes fraudulent in the discovery/benefits way as you mentioned, and completely useless as a fitness and progress tracker if you use a strap on.

My post was made in jest at the guys are overly concerned about their stats and don't really improve. They just look at the same stats every month.. 

Jaco could very easily get exactly the same or better statistics using a non social media platform (make no mistake, STRAVA IS social media with a mask on) but he chose to use strava, so the abuse is both humerus and warranted.

If he is on a discovery/momentum benefits program, is there an underwritten policy that takes e-bikes into consideration?

Lots of ex golfers, drinkers, smokers and generally less fit guys are hitting the e-bike phase.... somebody must have accounted for it

Thats the whole point of Strava, its core purpose was to create competition amongst friends.

If you dont want to race segments, there are a ton of other apps, or you can just not look at segments. But to some its important.

I think Pluto should be a real planet, its unfortunately not, but I'm not upset that it isn't, however I promise you there are lots of people who have way worse argument over that than this  Strava one.

I think Jerry Smith had similar ideas about Pluto and look where that got him!

I think you should know by now that I'm not being serious! hahaha

I think Jerry Smith had similar ideas about Pluto and look where that got him!

I think you should know by now that I'm not being serious! hahaha

BS, you are, and you are picking a fight! STOP it!

Edit: I know you are dude, but there are lots of people here on the Hub who say exactly that, but aren't joking, some people have a deep hatred for Sworks riding, proper sock wearing, Strava users...

Edited by Patchelicious

Seems he stole a few KOM's from some big names...

Alban doesn't seem to worry too much about it, but he probably has enough to share a few...  

post-94187-0-20564500-1515749997_thumb.jpg

Lots of ex golfers, drinkers, smokers and generally less fit guys are hitting the e-bike phase.... somebody must have accounted for it

But it works with heart rate, so surely it's not that big of a problem? You still have to work up a sweat to get the target heart rate, so I don't see any problem with it.

Edit. The it in the first sentence refers to getting points on Vitality.

Edited by Nibali