127 members have voted

1. 1. did your saddle give you pain ?

• never
    • only a new saddle
    • after a longer ride
    • after not cycling for a couple of days/weeks
    • often
    • always
  2. 2. what pain and where do you feel it ?

• nothing
    • numbness
    • pressure
    • sit bones
    • private parts
    • legs
    • feet
    • lower back
  3. 3. how long does the pain last ?

• it is gone as soon as i am off the bike
    • up to a hour
    • up to 3 hours
    • up to a day
    • a couple of days
    • a week or longer
    • what pain ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use fizik saddles with a deep groove and am happy with them, except that on long rides over 100km I sometimes get a pain when I need to pee straight after getting off the bike........goes away after a while. Anybody else experience a similar problem?

I use fizik saddles with a deep groove and am happy with them, except that on long rides over 100km I sometimes get a pain when I need to pee straight after getting off the bike........goes away after a while. Anybody else experience a similar problem?

Yeah. I have had saddles cause bladder infections from too much pressure on soft tissue. I know of plenty woman who are on the hunt for a comfortable saddle. I am onto saddle number 3 now (ISM Prologue) on my road bike. Praying that this resolves the issues. 

Had no issues with my previous spez phenom. New bike came with a Henge. Hated it - always moving around on it, so I replaced it with a Power, since all the rage. It's been okay.

S-Works Phenom on my road bike , Phenom Pro on my MTB and love them both .

May look at a Power saddle from father Christmas , but if it is as good as most people say , I may have to buy 2 .... so a little nervous to try one ....

Bought a Shimano pro falcon saddle a while back. Best money I spent on the bike to date, Didn't think a new saddle could make such a difference.

I was really happy with a henge saddle from a comfort perspective. Just developed play where the rails join the saddle after only 3 months use on a hardtail. I have an old fizik tundra that has stood up to some serious abuse and has held up really well. Pity it is like sitting on a plank.

I was really happy with a henge saddle from a comfort perspective. Just developed play where the rails join the saddle after only 3 months use on a hardtail. I have an old fizik tundra that has stood up to some serious abuse and has held up really well. Pity it is like sitting on a plank.

Saddles are just an individual thing. Struggled with my original road saddle. Got measured and fitted a Spez Phenom 155. IT KILLED MY BUT TO NO END. After 3 months of horrific numbness and pain, assuming for all this time "I got measured so it must work" I changed to a much narrower Fizik Arion and Uhhhh peace at last.

On the MTB I have a Niner saddle that's a different shape and width and seem to have no issues at all although the saddle is very different to the Arion. So ... sit bone measurements not always the answer.

Also not sure if I've just killed all the nerves in my ass over time. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot reply as maybe I do not have enough posts on here.

My saddle only hurts by bum bones the next day, after a long ride.

My Syncros saddle is not cutting it.

I will need to invest in another saddle later down the road. 

I don't blame my saddle only but my shorts as well (padding is not that great).