Scam ads

Rockjock

https://www.olx.co.za/item/mountain-bike-iid-1050427341

Guys check this out.. Every single day im on the hub and on olx checking out bikes and every single day without fail i come across ads like this one.. Upon phoning the advertiser i get told that they want a deposit to secure the bike but when i enquire about specs ect, they have no idea what they are talking about.. I always end up swearing the guy but there are other unsuspecting suckers out there that get caught out and lose their hard earned cash... I dont really know what can be done but something should be done to get rid of these criminals... Any thoughts..

Offer 10 times the money in cash when/if he pitches shoot/moer him to death

That's how you get rid of them , our police system will never be able to and if somehow they catch the one out of 10000 he'll be released on R20 bail cause prisons are over crowded.

In this country you have to have common sense if people fall for this that's their k@k

I always report the ad's that's the best i can do from my side

Edited by BaGearA

What pisses me off is that this is allowed to carry on. And a lot of these scammers are foreigners.. I would love to shoot the bastard if i could only get hold of him...

On Bike Hub: You can do us all a favour and report those ads / users as soon you see them. If we shut them down quicker than they can post and create fake profiles they will soon rather focus their attention somewhere else where they get away with it. The beauty of Bike Hub is the engaged community, if we keep it that way we will tire these okes. 

On Bike Hub: You can do us all a favour and report those ads / users as soon you see them. If we shut them down quicker than they can post and create fake profiles they will soon rather focus their attention somewhere else where they get away with it. The beauty of Bike Hub is the engaged community, if we keep it that way we will tire these okes.

Plus Whan

I agree. The tight community on here and user ratings etc makes it a lot harder for those scammersto pull their stunts here. Year ago already I emailed gumtree and suggested they do the same if they have any interest in their user's wellbeing. They agreed that it was a good idea and even informed me that it's already in development. I hate using gumtree and haven't been there in a long time but I'm pretty certain they've not changed anything since. 

You will also notice the description of the item they are selling is a copy and paste from a website or something.

Do they do MOT's in SA?

I know they used to do a road-worthy certificate, but the text from that add reads like it was lifted from auto trader UK.