2X10 to 1X12

twin rings

Hi all, please can someone advise me if its possible to convert my Giant Anthem 2 X 10 to a 1 X !2?

It looks pretty simple but often things aren't as they seem....

yes, but you'll need a couple of things if you want to do the change.

- new SRAM XD Driver compatible freehub for your rear hub

- shifter / RD / cassette / cables / narrow wide chainring

Edited by Myles Mayhew

- new SRAM XD Driver compatible freehub for your rear hub

Now theres the problem...

Depending which wheelset you have on your bike this might not be possible/available.

Giant has different wheelsets on their bikes as oem - some are convertible with a Xd freehub some not.

Depending which wheelset you have on your bike this might not be possible/available.

Giant has different wheelsets on their bikes as oem - some are convertible with a Xd freehub some not.

Good excuse for a wheel upgrade   :thumbup:

A while ago i upgraded to ZTR wheels with DT Swiss hubs, if that helps??

A while ago i upgraded to ZTR wheels with DT Swiss hubs, if that helps??

Then the driver is available, so it's easy. 

1 x upgrade kit, preferably including cranks if your current ones are Shimano or don't have a removable spider. This just ensures that your chainline is correct, which is important for cassette longevity and accurate shifting.

1 x driver body, will probably set you back around R 1 600.

And someone who has a few tools and knows which end to hold them. This should preferably include a hanger alignment tool, since the 12 speed systems are very sensitive to correct hanger alignment.

Then the driver is available, so it's easy. 

1 x upgrade kit, preferably including cranks if your current ones are Shimano or don't have a removable spider. This just ensures that your chainline is correct, which is important for cassette longevity and accurate shifting.

1 x driver body, will probably set you back around R 1 600.

And someone who has a few tools and knows which end to hold them. This should preferably include a hanger alignment tool, since the 12 speed systems are very sensitive to correct hanger alignment.

Thanks for this....but sounds like a job for my LBS. Looking around at the cost, it looks like minimum a R 15k conversion......maybe time for a new bike!!