Rocky Mountain support in SA

DuncanDoughnuts

Not sure if this is in the right section.

I have never been really interested in Rocky Mountain until I saw the 2018 Instinct and Pipeline.

I was originally looking at a Santa Cruz Hightower, and these to new models form RM have made things harder.

Does anyone have any really like experience with the customer service in SA. are they as good as Ibis and SC ?

TM

I have owned several Rockys( and still own one) and have always been well treated ito support. Speak to one of the This Way Out Stores in CT or Contermans. Distributor is Hullabaloo in Gauteng. On the rare occasion I have contacted Rocky in Canada they have been great.Rocky are a boutique brand so so therein lies more risk than in one of the mainstream brands with a big infrastucture in SA. 

Rocky are leaving SA ...or atleast they are not going to be imported anynore , so support may get A little harder to find in A few months

Hullabaloo are no longer bringing in RM...so there is no support for them at this stage, real pitty because they make some really great quality bikes.

Hullabaloo are no longer bringing in RM...so there is no support for them at this stage, real pitty because they make some really great quality bikes.

still showing on their website, and RM website still shows the list of local dealers... 

still showing on their website, and RM website still shows the list of local dealers...

I know, but they havent brought in any new stock this year... Doesnt look like they will be carrying on with the brand.

Myles, perhaps they have just not updated their website as they still have current stock, but I have heard they are not bringing in new stock. 

Myles, perhaps they have just not updated their website as they still have current stock, but I have heard they are not bringing in new stock. 

cool. If so, that's a bit sloppy. 

Seriously though. Jaco @ This Way out has 2 bikes on order - new Element and Altitude, due in October. So someone has taken over, unless they're dealing direct. 

The guys that say rocky is not being imported . . . Please state your official info and sources . . Otherwise its speculation.

That said I am drooling over what the new thunderbolt will be like when it gets updated.

You might need to wait for a rocky but you can't go wrong.

The guys that say rocky is not being imported . . . Please state your official info and sources . . Otherwise its speculation.

That said I am drooling over what the new thunderbolt will be like when it gets updated.

You might need to wait for a rocky but you can't go wrong.

I only have anecdotes. A guy I ride with wanted to buy a new Rocky. Was told he couldn't get it as Hullabaloo don't import them anymore, so he imported a bike himself from Canada.

Either way, where there is smoke, there may be a fire. Buyer beware.

Guys, speak to Jaco at ThisWayOut at Contermanskloof. 

I don't know what exactly the plan is with Rocky but we discussed the prices of the 2018 Elements coming in to SA... anyways...speak to Jaco