Dot Watchers - Race to the Rock

the nerd

Yeah, I'm following too. Kevin doing really well. Lots still to happen.

Not having dedicated checkpoints but having to find an open spot in the small towns to refuel puts a very different spin on it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Update from Kevin this morning (who slept in a public restroom last night)

"In Nannup now. Last night was a slightly milder version of the previous one, so glad I had a sleep before it. It's super slow in the trails, it's like they were built ten years ago and not maintained once since. So many trees to jump and a million branches to dodge. Feeling better now that the day is getting on. The sun is finally out too, first time! Gonna ride to Boyanup now now and then decide what's next."

Update 10:14 our time

"Good. Just pulled into Boyunup to get food. Feeling good today but it's a very long stretch now, there is a hut in 115km that I will sleep at. Today was good though, good rhythm and nice weather. I also bought some degreaser for my chain, might be the best thing I've ever done!"

16:15 today our time - update from Kev

"Had a huge Chinese dinner and have just been repacking my bike and getting rid of anything I don't need. The race changes to how much we can carry now. Adam and I managed to sweet talk the Chinese places owners into letting us sleep on their floor so doing that now, so nice of them! Will head out at about 2 for a 250km day and then the next is 340km or so. So now is when it all counts."

The leaders have already done the Munga's distance with another one to go!

Kevin has done 2,351km and is in 2nd place behind Sarah who is seemingly taking a break. 

Jesse started 3 days late due a mechanical and is already on 2152km! That's insane!

Archived