Garmin Edge 520 Gumtree Scam

nandosguy

I recently paid for a Garmin Edge 520 on Gumtree. The man who sold it's name was Hannis Hatting , he never posted it and won't take my calls or respond to messages. All I have is his cell number. It seemed legit at the time but now I'm feeling like a prize dumbass. Please be carefull and lookout for this bastard. His number is : 072 919 7596

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw an ad on Gumtree. ..was it for 1850. ...seemed quite cheap.....did you pay by ewallet. ...I called a different number tho...asked him to send me a pic with him and the unit in it....he never did....????sounded dodge.

The fact that he couldn't spell Hannes correctly should have been the first red flag... Sorry to hear about the scam.

The fact that he couldn't spell Hannes correctly should have been the first red flag... Sorry to hear about the scam.

Or Hattingh for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I recently paid for a Garmin Edge 520 on Gumtree. The man who sold it's name was Hannis Hatting , he never posted it and won't take my calls or respond to messages. All I have is his cell number. It seemed legit at the time but now I'm feeling like a prize dumbass. Please be carefull and lookout for this bastard. His number is : 072 919 7596

Bummer man. Sorry to hear

Sorry to hear - number comes up as registered or linked to someone called Lelo on Truecaller...

TRuecaller is great....

Paywithshepherd.com - StandardBank operated service

https://www.paywithshepherd.com/ 

If in any doubt, insist the seller registers with them first, then proceed with deal. Money is kept in escrow till you receive the unit, confirms it works and you then releases funds. 

:thumbup:  

I saw an ad on Gumtree. ..was it for 1850. ...seemed quite cheap.....did you pay by ewallet. ...I called a different number tho...asked him to send me a pic with him and the unit in it....he never did....sounded dodge.

same add, was also R1850, plus i Paid R99 for postage. I paid ABSA cash send. I'm such an idiot

Thanks guys. My fault for not catching on sooner. The old Cateye will have to do until I save up for another Garmin  :thumbdown:  :mellow:  :cursing:  :(

same add, was also R1850, plus i Paid R99 for postage. I paid ABSA cash send. I'm such an idiot

Sorry about that bud....I called the guy....he sounded like a 'boertjie'...said he was in Ceres....I asked him why so cheap....he said his son had received an 820 as a prezzie and so he was selling the 520...I could not Google search the image on my phone...so I asked him to send me a pic via whatsapp with him and the unit in it...he never did...fortunately I never paid.????

I have upgraded my Garmin for the Munga. Ive got a Garmin 500 edge that I replaced. Its like new. You can have it if you want it. Better that somebody uses it than having it lying in a drawer gathering dust.

If you want it, pm me your address and I will send it off tomorrow morning.

I have upgraded my Garmin for the Munga. Ive got a Garmin 500 edge that I replaced. Its like new. You can have it if you want it. Better that somebody uses it than having it lying in a drawer gathering dust.

Vetties jou legend  :thumbup:

I Have no words, I feel better about humanity now. I have PMd you. thank you Sir.

Archived