Trail / Enduro - 29'rs - choice

T-Bob

The Stumpy didn't do to bad. Wonder why no Evils tested? I am also looking to upgrade and have been checking out the Evil like crazy. If you get the frame is the shock included? I can't figure that out. How much is that build going to work out? R90 000 if you do it right? Should be more right, if you do it properly?

Shock is included with the frame and I have all the other bits to move over from my Tranny which is dialled now (1x11 XT, Pike, Luffekappe, Ramp Control, Spanks, Renthal bits, lyne dropper and Formula brakes). Total cost of my build would be way lower than R90K for sure. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock is included with the frame and I have all the other bits to move over from my Tranny which is dialled now (1x11 XT, Pike, Luffekappe, Ramp Control, Spanks, Renthal bits, lyne dropper and Formula brakes). Total cost of my build would be way lower than R90K for sure.

Cool thanks for responding that helps me a bit as well. At least I have more info now! Would you consider a Stumpy? Or rathe Enduro?

Good luck by the way

Good point.

I've never ridden a transition, so I wouldn't be able to compare. Kona really nailed "long, low & slack" with the process 111, it's a way more capable bike that I am a rider, but it's loads of fun & leaves me room to improve. 

I can say it's quick to pop up & off things & feels super stable on the decents & is just a bit of a beast in general, etc etc, blah blah more review speak. Thing is it rides great...and that's what counts most for me. It's a size L, you're welcome to get in touch if you're ever curious about checking it out or taking it for a spin.

Good luck with the search, holy crap, my last one drove my wife crazy (she also now knows alot more about bikes than she ever wanted to)! 

The sad thing with 2018 Kona's is they have discontinued the Process 111 for now. The focus is on the 153 in 27.5 and 29er. There is also the 167 as a 27.5 bike.

As much as the new design will likely improve the pedaling characteristics of Kona's single pivot design, the 153 29er looks like way overkill for most of our local conditions. It looks like a beast of a bike!

It's a pity because the 111 was almost certainly going to be my next bike...

The sad thing with 2018 Kona's is they have discontinued the Process 111 for now. The focus is on the 153 in 27.5 and 29er. There is also the 167 as a 27.5 bike.

As much as the new design will likely improve the pedaling characteristics of Kona's single pivot design, the 153 29er looks like way overkill for most of our local conditions. It looks like a beast of a bike!

What no!!! The 111 is on my (rather very short) short list... 

giphy.gif

Edited by Mr.GT

giphy.gif

Also quite bummed that they've dropped it. But hoping they'll see the light in the next few months.

giphy.gif

That's the beauty of the new models... should be a fair few places shifting old stock at decent discount although it'll more likely be an OS shop.

Saw a 2017 Evil Following being cleared, full build an hell spec for 50% off but I don't have the £3K needed for that 'bargain'. 

Yeah, I noticed they have dropped the 111, I was expecting to see a carbon frame 111...oh well. That G2 does look pretty sexy!

IMHO, the 111 really suits all trails around here, makes every trail heaps of fun.

Until... for some reason I popped onto the Evil site last night and spotted that they are clearing 2017 stock on The Following and at about R28K for a frame

International site or SA agents? Im looking at some of the same frames, a Following for sub 30k is a good deal .... take my money !

International site or SA agents? Im looking at some of the same frames, a Following for sub 30k is a good deal .... take my money !

USA site at that price, Europe site at about R31k and locally they were about R35k on clearance but have sold out now.

Dude. Buy the Orange. You've been kicking yourself ever since you let that old one go, and you'll be kicking yourself forever after for not giving its sibling a shot. You'll forever be asking yourself the question "what if"

There's nothing wrong with single pivot designs. Trek is a single pivot design, as is the Evil, PYGA, Kona and many many more. Orange know what they're doing, and you've been researching it for a proper length of time. 

Every time you talk about this, you come back to how the orange just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy in all the right places. You should also be able to get it at a decent price when you go over to visit the fam. You've ALSO got the majority of the components required to make it a trail monster. 

Buy the orange. It's worth it. 

Don't listen to Myles. The fact that he's bolted a 10 year old 66 to the front of a carbon Reign indicates that he's clearly deranged and all advice he gives is to be ignored.

Oranges are Overpriced steel girders. The only people who buy them are men in their 40's who think that Hair bands made good music and that cars in the 90's were better. 

Please stop that shirt now Myles!

starting a fight and disappearing to Italy. Hehe.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Don't listen to Myles. The fact that he's bolted a 10 year old 66 to the front of a carbon Reign indicates that he's clearly deranged and all advice he gives is to be ignored.

Oranges are Overpriced steel girders. The only people who buy them are men in their 40's who think that Hair bands made good music and that cars in the 90's were better. 

Please stop that shirt now Myles!

starting a fight and disappearing to Italy. Hehe.

Bwaahahahaahahahahahahah!!!!! 

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Perfect. I'm getting the orange.

Bwaahahahaahahahahahahah!!!!! 

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Perfect. I'm getting the orange.

Get a set of 100% sunnies to go with it. Yes I have a pair. LOL.

On a more serious note. The Intense Primer. OMG. Best bike I've ridden. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Dude. Buy the Orange. You've been kicking yourself ever since you let that old one go, and you'll be kicking yourself forever after for not giving its sibling a shot. You'll forever be asking yourself the question "what if"

There's nothing wrong with single pivot designs. Trek is a single pivot design, as is the Evil, PYGA, Kona and many many more. Orange know what they're doing, and you've been researching it for a proper length of time. 

Every time you talk about this, you come back to how the orange just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy in all the right places. You should also be able to get it at a decent price when you go over to visit the fam. You've ALSO got the majority of the components required to make it a trail monster. 

Buy the orange. It's worth it. 

All good and needle sharp points. Can't argue against it one little bit. Hinge with a shock it is! 

Edited by hellocolour