Durbie Dash 2017

Rouxenator

Do you have a similar graph of how the One Tonner looked? Would be interesting to compare to get an idea of what to look forward to.

Unfortunately it does not go back in time, although I will guess it was very blue on the way out and very red on the way back ;P

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it does not go back in time, although I will guess it was very blue on the way out and very red on the way back ;P

Thanks !

What app is this??

OMG Windpomp is amazing! Someone needs to buy John a beer! 

Could only be John Dalton. Husband to the coach of the Parel Vallei School MTB Team.  I must ask him about the app. I know he is into mobile app development.

Could only be John Dalton. Husband to the coach of the Parel Vallei School MTB Team.  I must ask him about the app. I know he is into mobile app development.

My second name is John, and I would not mind a beer :P

John is a damn fine MTBer himself. Came third in this year's 24 Hours Of Oak Valley behind Lance Stephenson and Bike Hub's Velouria.

b7b698bcd19079bf7c75998e24c2e133.jpg

Looks like some fun at the end on Saturday!!

mmmmmmm...

weekend going to be GOOOOOD in A

Durbanville to windmeul = Half A to be Dropped

# FIREWORX

Edited by Stricker

The app is fairly new (think I was one of the first 10 to download earlier this year).
Devs are doing a good job at continuous improvements. Nice to see the hub supporting them :)

Very happy with the entries we received, especially given that our dates clash with W2W & a lot of events are struggling to attract numbers. Seems the roadies may even a bit up on last year which make me personally very happy  ^_^

Just as an extra. PPA is donating all the water left over from the One Tonner waterpoints to the Durbie Dash, small but awesome gesture  :thumbup:

The app is fairly new (think I was one of the first 10 to download earlier this year).

Devs are doing a good job at continuous improvements. Nice to see the hub supporting them :)

I really like the name!

I really like the name!

Yeah, and they publish under GrootPoof Apps :w00t:

The name does limit their international appeal though...

Devs, if you see this post, you need some ASO. It's not super clear from your store listing that the app predicts segment difficulty based on local wind reports. The keyword 'wind' is only mentioned once in your listing...

So it seems the long MTB route has completely changed and yet again they have done their best to obscure all details about it by uploading a tiny JPEG to the site.

So it seems the long MTB route has completely changed and yet again they have done their best to obscure all details about it by uploading a tiny JPEG to the site.

Don't know how well you know the Tygerberg Trails (and don't shoot me if I get minor details wrong) but basically you are doing the Bloemendal corridor, Hillcrest, straight over Contermanskloof, big portion of Hoogekraal (I pity the riders racing this section), cross over to the new Faircape section, go round dorstberg to the bottom of Meerendal, past Signal Gun, a big climb somewhere near the mast and then down the Bloemendal corridor back home.