Durbie Dash 2017

Rouxenator

So it seems the long MTB route has completely changed and yet again they have done their best to obscure all details about it by uploading a tiny JPEG to the site.

Go this off their website now, what seems to be the problem?

post-3951-0-51192800-1509013394_thumb.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy with the entries we received, especially given that our dates clash with W2W & a lot of events are struggling to attract numbers. Seems the roadies may even a bit up on last year which make me personally very happy  ^_^

Just as an extra. PPA is donating all the water left over from the One Tonner waterpoints to the Durbie Dash, small but awesome gesture  :thumbup:

Excellent gesture, good news.

mmmmmmm...

weekend going to be GOOOOOD in A

Durbanville to windmeul = Half A to be Dropped

# FIREWORX

I dont think so, people's legs will be way too fresh. 

Think those rollers in the middle will be tough.

The app is fairly new (think I was one of the first 10 to download earlier this year).

Devs are doing a good job at continuous improvements. Nice to see the hub supporting them :)

Its rather accurate, I use it for commuting, so I know if I am going to battle on the way home, its 85% correct I reckon. 

Punctured out on One Tonner on top of Helshoogte, so keen to have a lekker race tomorrow. Legs felt good on my lang pad commute this morning! :clap:

Punctured out on One Tonner on top of Helshoogte, so keen to have a lekker race tomorrow. Legs felt good on my lang pad commute this morning! :clap:

after reading the savages race report and this comment i'm glad i wasn't the only one to have this bad luck.  i punctured 4km from the finish, was thinking of riding on the rim, but sanity prevailed and i fixed it rather.

for the road race they sneaked this in there:

NOTES

Cyclists to keep in the yellow line shoulder on the R312, R44, R302 & R304

That's basically the whole f'n race.  Seriously now.  Come on guys, with crap like this the numbers are just going to get less and less.

NOTES

That's basically the whole f'n race. Seriously now. Come on guys, with crap like this the numbers are just going to get less and less.

Also

Where most of the puncture issues arise ????????‍♂️

And it's a safety issue for sure

Bunching up caffeinated racers into a narrow space

Understandably, cars are tons of moving metal ????

Lets stay out the way

Go this off their website now, what seems to be the problem?

attachicon.giflong distance.JPG

Where is the direction markings? Why is the image so small? Where is the downloadable GPX file?

They got it wrong last year and did not seem to learn from it.

NOTES

That's basically the whole f'n race.  Seriously now.  Come on guys, with crap like this the numbers are just going to get less and less.

Yeah, lets be honest, roadies struggle to stick inside the white line, asking them to stay in the yellow is frivolous. 

Where is the direction markings? Why is the image so small? Where is the downloadable GPX file?

Direction - route is clockwise on the map. Not making GPX files available is part of the agreement with landowners, remember the route is not just on Tygerberg club trails also on other routes not open to public.

Can't remember that this was such an issue last year, but the route cross a number of working farms and permissions can be taken back at little notice due to farming activities, miscommunication between parties etc - so the route potentially changing at the last minute is always a risk.

I really don't understand what the issue is..?

Also, from the their site: "Please note that due to some of the trails being used for the event is one-time use only , no Google Maps or .kmz files will be given to riders. Please respect our landowners and their property."

Yeah, lets be honest, roadies struggle to stick inside the white line, asking them to stay in the yellow is frivolous. 

and any way, we're kicking of at 6:00.  how much traffic can one expect?

hopefully those who are still buzzing from their payday parties will be passed out by then.

Also

Where most of the puncture issues arise ‍♂

And it's a safety issue for sure

Bunching up caffeinated racers into a narrow space

Understandably, cars are tons of moving metal

Lets stay out the way

i also remember seeing more thinkbike marshals at two of the Sportif's (the Windmeul ones) and the West Coast Express.  Didn't see so many marshals at the One Tonner.

I really don't understand what the issue is..?

See OP. 

When you reach the distance advertised and you still have a couple more KMs to go and no water left. Some rider plan their ride according to the route and profile.

See OP. 

When you reach the distance advertised and you still have a couple more KMs to go and no water left. Some rider plan their ride according to the route and profile.

Just for info - the max distance you would go between waterpoints tomorrow is 18km. Towards the end of the race you would have a waterpoint 10km from the end and again 4km from the end - if you leave waterpoints with 2 filled bottles you really shouldn't run out of water anywhere on Saturday

Archived