Jigghead

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how's the finger doing jigghead?

and how's the swimming coming on

The last few weeks have been hell, antibiotics for man flu and then another round for an infection in my finger after the op. I've been battling to say the least. 

Fundraising has been coming along, but the swimming has taken a knock. I've managed one or two miles in between setbacks, but nothing to shout from the rooftops.

I must say, the setbacks of the last weeks have taken their toll on my motivation, especially given that there has been nothing major, albeit it major enough to keep me out of the water. I'm back in the pool this weekend and feel like I'm starting all over again.

The commitment to get this done is still there, although it's going to take a little more of my own ass kicking to get me over the line than before.

My endeavour has now turned more into a mental battle than a physical one. I've set a lofty target for the next week which should hopefully see me get back into the swing of things and find a new rhythm. 

The miles will be done!

Sorry for the delayed response, it's been a made rush to wrap up the work year as well.

Edited by Jigghead

no worries, I know what you're feeling. About two months ago I was also sick on and off for two weeks and life just got busy. Missed a few swims I had planned and I had to accept that my goal to do  robben island this year wasn't going to happen.The motivation took a huge dive and I have to really force myself out of bed early. But push through and it will come back

• 3 weeks later...

After injury, multiple antibiotics, and a brief holiday I’m back in the pool. Not a moment too soon either with Midmar only 36 days away.

I’m hoping to squeeze in 60-80 Miles in this time, here are the first two!

6934225d18c91f6b68169fcea4cfd978.jpg

Two more, I decided to ride to the gym today which was great on the way there, but I managed to break a chain on the way home.

Good thing I decided to take my tools with me.

2ebffd265e95a6fbbc730f24b1621b4c.jpg

Keep it up.

Great effort bud.

Making the donation now which is a pledge; complete the task and I'll do the same on your completion

That’s so awesome, thank you. I’ll be posting my totals soon. There are around 10 before you but those will be done this week. Your’s will start on the weekend.

Three miles today. My diary looks free next week and it needs to be a cracker. Look out for the totals count later today!

e0c99e739c7b3daad0a6a5556d6e17ab.jpg

Edited by Jigghead

And so I add two more to my total this morning, I’m fuming my rhythm again and not a moment too soon...

1eb9357d75b1dd31a2abace0df0ed942.jpg

Edited by Jigghead

Banged in another two tonight.

I pushed the second one a little which exposed my less than ideal stamina levels. Gonna be an interesting race weekend.

Don’t forget that this is all in aid of Choc Childhood Cancer Foundation. I’m still some way off my fundraising target, have a look here: https://kydrin.co.za/goals/View/223

2820af15a7120d5d9b5f93c0aef227a3.jpg

awesome jogghead, glad the motivation is back and looks like you're counting them down nicely

Slowly but surely bud. I’m feeling good in the pool too.

how many miles of the 200 have you completed

I’m not sure, I anticipate I’m around 75 or so, I’ve had to adjust my target down having missed out on around 50-60 in December.

I’m going to try for around 130-150