Ergomo Pro Initial Impressions

bruce

The only issue that I've heard so far with Ergomo is that it only picks up data from the left crank (where the flex is) and IF you have a considerable leg discrepency it can affect  the data, but from what I hear it's not a big issue at all.

I was looking at this first up but still think the Power Tap is the one to go for.

Enjoy testing it!

This is why I will ride with the two devices on the bike to get a feel for discrepencies between the two.  On my computrainer I get very small discrepencies between my left leg and right leg (at worst 49:51 and usually 50:50).

Bruce - is the ergomo pro still connected by cable to the handlebar computer? This would be the only concern I have - where theres a wire theres a way to break down (inaccurate readings) due to poor connections.

To change the topic slightly (sorry ergomo), anyone have any ideas about the iBike power gadget - this sounds really promising - see

Yes, the Ergomo is a "wired" system.  Although I have had more problems with wireless systems in the past - due to external interference.

There have been some problems reported with the iBike, particularly on rough roads.  The vibration causes the accelerometer to give poor readings.  Conceptually the idea is sound though, so I think this device will become more popular.

There is a thread (http://www.cyclingforums.com/t-341477-15-1.html) on CyclingForums about the iBike, the thread started before it was released and has continued after.

Silly Question timeEmbarrassed

(ok so I all i know about power is that the more you have the better)

Out of the 4 power meters discussed, which ones record heart rate at the same time on the same device - I always assumed that the power tap, srm, ergomo - do, see that the iBike does not...

Surely power meters should come standard with heart rate measurement / recording capability...

Why cant someone build one that does everything without having to have special wheels or cranksConfused

Certainly the Powertap and Ergomo read heartrate.  Each data sample contains power and hr, plus speed, cadence, etc.

The power purists advocate that heartrate is not at all relevant.  Still coming to terms with the concept myself.

Certainly the Powertap and Ergomo read heartrate.  Each data sample contains power and hr' date=' plus speed, cadence, etc.

The power purists advocate that heartrate is not at all relevant.  Still coming to terms with the concept myself.
[/quote']

You'll get there  Big%20smile

I just have this inate fear that one day I'll go over my max HR and my heart will explode.  And I won't have an HR monitor to record it Wink

I just have this inate fear that one day I'll go over my max HR and my heart will explode.  And I won't have an HR monitor to record it Wink

Might be sooner than you think..Exclamation

Certainly the Powertap and Ergomo read heartrate.  Each data sample contains power and hr' date=' plus speed, cadence, etc.

[/quote']

Cadence is also irrelevant when using power...another figure to not have to worry about Tongue

I sleep with my heart rate strap on. I want to be warned if I'm gonna die in my sleep.

Very good point LOL

Frantically struggling for the phone after having heard your "low" set point alarm going off... only to discover its time to get up Big%20smile

I sleep with my heart rate strap on. I want to be warned if I'm gonna die in my sleep.

Not an EPO users by any chance?

and Price please!!! and which is the better of the two' date=' performance/price wise, pretty please!!![/quote']

The daler cost is 600 Euro, got it from them at EuroBike. Les see what they retail for here.....

Swissvan to answer your question regarding a complete integrated system, look for them in the future as the SRM patent is due to lapse at the end of this year, this will open the door for Shimano, Casmpy, SRAM etc to incorporate this technology into their group sets.