When: 16 December 2017
Where: Wildekrans Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

50km race capped at 150 entrants. Technical MTB Route

20km race capped at 100 entrants. Weekend Warriors

5km trail run and capped at 75 entrants

1km funride for kids and parents.

Go to Event Page

They not interested in participants. Even the website (which, by the way has incorrect link on this page) does not have info.

I’ll be there! Its a small race raising funds for a great cause and with passionate and dedicated people involved. Keeping the numbers limited is awesome. It will add to the riding experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

http://endlessvineyards.co.za/wildekrans-mountain-bike/ 

Hi Guys please follow the above link. We have hosted so many races on our farm to say the least. We are great at building trails but struggling with the cyber stuff :-) Sorry guys. We do hope too see you on race day. you can also check our Facebook Page for more info otherwise you can email me directly: vines@wildekrans.com Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

What exactly is technical about the 50km? Where can I find this detail? Tried the link posted above but was not getting it, I wa showever using a mobile phone.

They not interested in participants. Even the website (which, by the way has incorrect link on this page) does not have info.

:eek:  shoeweee, thanks kinda harsh.....

what happened to a simple, hi'ya the link does not work and I would really like to ride your event?

And the nice words are less in number so it would have been faster to type and the outcome so much more beneficial for all parties. Me included ^_^

Entered by sending email and following up with phone call. Route apparently 51 percent singletrack. 46k and 800m ascent. Courteous positive friendly person on other end of email.

Looking forward to my first mtn event since july's crash.

I sent a mail, no reply, then followed up with a phone call. Person found my mail, said they would send me details like start times etc. Still waiting. Anyone have an idea of what time the 50k starts please? 

Hope this helps, from the email I received

50km MTB

•    7h20 with the 20km MTB
•    7h20 with the 5km trail run
•    Starting point at the Tasting Room
•    13h00 – prize giving

The 50km is technical with a lot of singles, switchbacks, short steep climbs etc. Still fun and always an

option to take the shorter route when on the longer route. Few people complained about the course last year………

So in all fairness technical to some degree. The shorter route we will try and keep open and easy flowing with

single track to a minimum and simple.

Total elevation for 5okm +- 800m. % wise+-   Singletrack 51%
                                                                                          Farm track  33%
                                                                                          Jeep track   16%

:eek:  shoeweee, thanks kinda harsh.....

what happened to a simple, hi'ya the link does not work and I would really like to ride your event?

same thing as what happened to poor customer service being splashed all over social media without contacting said provider first....

Hope this helps, from the email I received

50km MTB

•    7h20 with the 20km MTB

•    7h20 with the 5km trail run

•    Starting point at the Tasting Room

•    13h00 – prize giving

The 50km is technical with a lot of singles, switchbacks, short steep climbs etc. Still fun and always an

option to take the shorter route when on the longer route. Few people complained about the course last year………

So in all fairness technical to some degree. The shorter route we will try and keep open and easy flowing with

single track to a minimum and simple.

Total elevation for 5okm +- 800m. % wise+-   Singletrack 51%

Farm track  33%

Jeep track   16%

50km start time?

I got a mail back from Braam this morning, see info below:

"Sorry for only replying now. Been in the vineyards whole day. Yep you can enter on Saturday morning. We will be here from 05h00am. Registration and late entries can be done till 6h45am. 50km Ride starts at 7h00am. So hope to see you on Saturday"